Lifting a 2002 Liberty on a budget

Chevy

Reaction score
307u3h1.jpg

20uahlc.jpg

64o0b8.jpg

Also put on a set of LT265/75R16 Goodyears that I had lying around. Turned out looking pretty awesome

tommudd

Reaction score
To answer the original question, no, you can't get a usable, reliable 4" plus lift for a Liberty on a budget. As others pointed out, there are quite a few 2.5" kits around.

after all of these pages I see most don't know crap about lifting Libertys
My 04 has a 4 inch plus lift which I have ran and wheeled for over 130,000 miles, on my second set of springs and shocks
I have done 17 lifts so far on Libertys and can set them anywhere you want them
OME springs are the best and also I can lift you in the 4 inch range for under a 1000 as well

tommudd

Reaction score
These Liberties are a pain in the butt, lol. I told him I did't think the lift looked that great. If it were mine, like I said, I would have gotten a better kit. For a mild lift, I would get adjustable coilovers up front and new coils in the back. Wheels and tires will come after the lift, nothing is for sure yet. It's his truck, I cant force him to get something he doesnt want to buy
Yes they look like shit don't they, dumb arses anyways
Grogans096.jpg

0710MG003.jpg

25096_10150151163940052_85189005-1.jpg

8adc8a0d-1.jpg

8fbb8063.jpg

tommudd

Reaction score
He ended up buying a cheap kit rather than saving for a better. He got a 4wd.com 2" lift. Basically just new coils. I'll be installing it tomorrow

May as well throw it away and leave whats there is he is not replacing the shocks all around etc.
Why is it so hard to listen to some of us who have done a ton of these and know what works and what doesn't.
Just OME coils and new shocks all around would be 650 or so, then you can add extras

walking away shaking my head

tommudd

Reaction score
Last three are at The Badlands in Attica Indiana
Not to bad of a place to go play
The one with mine sitting next to the maroon one shows a little difference between a OME spring lift/plus three clevis ring addition on 255-70 tires -vs - my style of lift on 265-75s
Did the lift on the maroon one as well back couple of years ago.
Trying out a new style of rear shocks on mine now, will update soon as to how they do

Tom

Members online

No members online now.