What brand of mufflers do you like best?

what brand of mufflers do you like best?

• Dynomax

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Flowmaster

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Cherrybomb

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Flowtech

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Magniflow

• Other

• Total voters

Dave

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The only one on the list I used was magnaflow and it was only ok. I have heard a lot of good things about flomaster but never used one but that would be my next one. I have heard the flomaster on another KJ and liked the mellow tone. (so I voted for it)

I don't know what it would sound like on a v-8 but nothing sounds like a v-8 anyway......haha

Dave

ridenby

Reaction score
I use a Thrush glasspac,cut the third cat off,left rest of system intact. You ought to hear it on the rev limiter.

REOSpeedWagoneer

Reaction score
Flowmaster. We got it in our Grand Cherokee and Ford Bronco. I'm curious about Cherry Bomb (First time I ever heard of it, no kidding) and Magnaflow which an uncle of mine runs with.

JKMudder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a buzillion different exhausts and I keep coming back to Flowmaster. I like the little edginess they have to their sound. I appreciate the smoothness of Magnaflow and the straight through design, and I know flowmasters dont give the best performance, but for sound theres no beating them IMO.

Ackbar Abbas

Reaction score
The least expensive way to change the way your muscle car sounds is to change the mufflers. It would be wise to establish a good relationship with your muffler shop since this purring effect will require a lot of exhaust work. A lot of places online will allow you to hear a sampling of your car with different mufflers on it so you can see what tone you like the best.

goliver9

Reaction score
I like the deep tone of magnaflow. It is also not too loud.

Members online

No members online now.