Sheeps Bridge... Jun 13, 2009

AZ Outlaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another great day with AZ LOST JEEPS doing what we do best... getting LOST and having fun!! It's not always about how tough the trail is. It's just going somewhere most folks don't get to go, and being in the outdoors with a group of friends...and to me, that's what Jeepin is all about.

The trail itself was pretty easy, but it got a little bumpy and rocky the last 10 miles or so. There was a fun 75~100 foot rock garden to negotiate to get down to the river. Once down the rock garden, there was soft sand and then river rock.

The first thing we did was to check the depth of the river so Neatus I could make a few river crossing while the rest of the group watched. I wasn't happy with one crossing, so I did several more. Oh, did I mention how good it feels to walk around in wet tennis shoes and soggy socks the rest of the day after checking the river depth??

After playing in the river, we set up camp. Silverdiesel grilled up some hot dogs and I did up some Italian sausage and onions, which were pretty tasty on a fresh hoagie roll, if I say so myself.

After lunch, it was time to get serious. Most of the group donned there swim suits and jumped in the river for awhile. Others sat in their chairs, taking in the sun as they soaked their feet in the cool waters of the Verde River. And NO!! The old fat retired guy did not go skinny dipping as promised... there were children present.

While the others played in the river, I went looking for deeper water to cross in the Jeep. After a fun afternoon by the river, it was time to pack up and head back to the everyday world. Neatus and family had to go straight back to Phoenix while the rest of us stopped off at the Rock Springs Cafe for dinner. After dinner, we all climbed back in our Jeeps for the ride home.

Here are some pictures I took of our trip:

Beth saying hello to the shiny red Silverdiesel...

01-3.jpg

The customary air down picture, AZKJ, Silverdiesel, Pablo and Neatus...

02-1.jpg

Neatus and Pablo heading up a hill (as usual it's steeper than it looks)...

03-2.jpg

Still climbing...

04-2.jpg

Pablo at the top of the hill waiting for Silverdiesel...

05-1.jpg

06-1.jpg

Silverdiesel at the top...

07-1.jpg

Cresting the top of the hill...

08.jpg

Neatus playing king of the hill...

09.jpg

Neatus crossing the Verde River (sorry I didn't get him at the deepest point which came almost to the middle of his grill)...

10-3.jpg

Neatus going back across...

11-4.jpg

My turn to cross before we set up camp and had lunch...

12-2.jpg

14-3.jpg

That's me, the FROG (Fat Old Retired Guy) in the yellow shirt grilling up some Italian sausage and onions while Silverdiesel grills up the hotdogs...

15-2.jpg

The crowd starts to gather for lunch...

16-1.jpg

Mmmmmmmmm good!! Italian sausage and fried onions...

17-1.jpg

Cooling off in the river after lunch...

18-1.jpg

Silverdiesel standing in the river talking about what else? Diesel engines with neatus and Pablo...

21.jpg

1KOOLJK going deep...

0001.jpg

...and even deeper!! (LOL don't believe everything you see)...

0000000002.jpg

Getting ready for the 36 mile ride back to civilization...

24.jpg

Thanks everyone for coming out, and we'll see you again soon.

AJ and Beth

Members online

No members online now.