Road trippin it in the CRD

CRD Joe

Reaction score
I left Phoenix bound for Seattle via the Grand Canyon, Bryce canyon and Zion. So far Im in Page AZ. The trip meter is reading 445 miles and Im still above half a tank!

Gotta love them CRD's.:winner_second_h4h:

Last edited:

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice gas mileage. So what were you doing here in the good ole AZ? :D

AZ Outlaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta love them CRD's.:winner_second_h4h:
LOL... that is IF ya wanna put up with all the CRD quirks and the high $$$ expense of a timing belt change at 100K miles. The Jeep dealer here in Mesa wants $1,285.00 to do the job with new pullies, belts and other things you should do. On top of that, no one has experience working on that motor... not even Chrysler. Most diesel only shops here don't even know the KJ came with a factory diesel and won't even touch them.

Gassers Rule!! Now my friend Silverdiesel from AZ LOST JEEPS would agree with you and not me. Cough, cough.... what does he know?? It's a friendly rivalry between us AND now you're included!! :favorites13:

inbox005.jpg

Last edited:

CRD Joe

Reaction score
"Gassers rule" PLEASE. Im getting 34 to 36 mpg on the highway. I have 350 ft pounds of torque. I can and do run bio diesel. Im going to start making it in my garage. The per gallon price will work out to less than one dollar a gallon!

So you have to to a timing belt every 100,000 miles. Who cares about spending a grand every seven years! My fuel savings will offset that cost. Especially making my own fuel.

I have a 2001 VW TDI Jetta that gets 62 MPG on the highway. 940+ miles on a tank. I did a timing belt on that car at 100,000 miles too. I fill her up less than once a month.

Diesels rule! Outside of a top fuel funny car there is no automotive application that a diesel isnt SUPERIOR to a gasser!

Hell that last two years a diesel has won the 24 hours of LeMons!

TURBO-DIESEL-FREAK

Reaction score
Gassers are simply jealous of diesels

"AZ Outlaws" opinions are typical of those gasser types who are jealous of the superior power and fuel economy that diesels put out.

Quirky? Expensive parts? Yes. But most of those problems are being dealt with. Long after he has had to move on to another vehicle, you will still be driving your CRD!! :Moon:

Members online

No members online now.