2007 Liberty - Help - Opinions

Shubox56

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I’m new to the forum - first post. I have a 2007 Liberty that is hurting. Developed what sounds like a valve train knock. I took it into the shop yesterday - waiting for the news.

The Jeep has 32,000 Miles, sits most of the time. And sadly, I’ve done a poor job maintaining this Jeep. Shameful! Now I’m forced into fix all that has been neglected or buy something new.

The body and interior are in great shape. The body has a tad of rust on the drivers side door - bottom lip. Manageable and not seen unless you open the door. The interior is flawless.

With the above said, I’m leaning towards spending the money to bring her back to life. The cost will NOT be cheap considering that beyond the valve train knock, it needs new brakes, tires, belts, hoses, trans servicing, differential servicing, and the list goes on. It may be costly, but so is buying a new car. Am I making a mistake?

Question: the wheels are the original steel wheels that look TERRIBLE. I tried painting them a few years back, but it didn’t help. So if I’m going to do this, I’ll need new rims. ALUMINUM RIMS! Can anyone steer me towards a reputable vendor that sells rims at a decent price? And more importantly, does anyone know the exact OEM wheel measurements? Offset/backspace? A direct replacement of the original steel rims.

Thanks for listening! Ken

Members online

No members online now.