Mojave Road Expedition ~ 2010 (May 28~31)

AZ Outlaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm tossing this out here to see if there is any interest in running the MOJAVE ROAD this coming Memorial Day Weekend.... May 28~31 2010. It's a 130 mile, two day run through the remote and desolate Mojave Desert in southern California. I planned this trip and ran it with four other Jeeps from AZ LOST JEEPS last year. The trail was run west to east (Barstow, CA to Laughlin, NV). It's a 3~4 day trip, depending if you stay in Laughlin at the end of the trail on the third day, or if you head for home on the 4th day. We found it best to stay overnight before heading home.

Last year we met up in Barstow and stayed in a motel Friday night. The actual run is two full days (camping one night on the trail).

You will have to be 110% self sufficient with camping gear, extra fuel and your 4x4 needs to be in top mechanical condition. Once on the trail, there are no services of any kind. Carry enough water for each person... at least 1 gal per day x 4 days. The same goes for food, have enough for at least 4 days. That may sound like a lot of water and food, but as I've said... the area we'll be traveling in is remote and extremely desolete. If you get stuck, you'll need extra in case someone has to go get help for some unforeseen reason. It's better to have too much than not enough.

If anyone wants to do this run, post up and we'll start making plans and I'll answer any questions you may have. This is not a trail to run solo... I'll do it with at least one other vehicle, but it would be more fun and safer traveling with a bigger group.

The Mojave Road...

img1682g.jpg

Note: this trail is not technically challenging, but it is very remote. You don't have to own a Jeep to join us on this trip. Any capable 4x4 with good A/T tires AND a full size spare can handle the trail.

Last edited:

AZ Outlaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL... we always have a trail report and pics of our back country adventures!! Read all about it HERE... Any capable 4x4 with good A/T tires can make this trip... are you interested??

AZ Outlaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AZ Jeepers... where's your sense of adventure?? The Mojave Road or the Devil's Highway would be a great Memorial Day Weekend get away!! It's still not too late to plan on doing one of the two....

Members online

No members online now.