How does your brake pedal feel?

MrFleming007

Reaction score
Just wanted to get a feel from a few other Grand Cherokee owners on how your brake pedals feel? Are they firm from the get go, or do they have a little give and a soft feel to them? Since this is my first Jeep, I'm not quite sure what to expect. I like a good firm pedal, but even after power bleeding, the pedal on my '01 GC sinks about 1/2" to 1" before it feels like it starts to grab (it is firmer after the bleeding though). I have a feeling the master cylinder might be giving a little bit, but like I said- I have no idea on these vehicles. Opinions/thoughts?

oDrWaCkStEro

Reaction score
I hate that about my grand cherokee 01 too...
u have to literally push hard to stop the car..i like firm pedals too. i havent tried re bleeding it yet..i dont know what to do.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know you have the ability to adjust the pressure point. Need to ask a jeep mechanic.

MrFleming007

Reaction score
I may need to adjsut the pressure point. Like I said, the brakes feel a lot better after bleeding, but the pedal still sinks further than I want. In comparison to my friends diesel ram, which feels like your pushing on a cinder block when braking, my GC pedal feels like a wet sponge :sadface:

SUPERD

Reaction score
What condition are your pads & rotors in? How many miles on it?
Unless you have done it odds are good the rotors are still the stock ones that have been turned once at best and probably need replacing. Also flush & change the fluid if you haven't allready.
When your pads & rotors are worn thin it takes a lot more volume of fluid to apply the same braking pressure. The rotors are marked with the minimum thickness, that's where I'd start.

Members online

No members online now.