Getting hard to find parts for early YJ's. ARGH!

RumorsOFsurF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting frustrated. I've been trying to find some replacement parts for my YJ, and I can't source some things I need.

Seatbelts - I have to go aftermarket because you can't just buy a female end for the driver's seatbelt. :pp:

Rollbar padding- Bestop apparently only makes this in black now and I need spice. The zippers on mine are shot.

:suicide:

AZ Outlaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting frustrated. I've been trying to find some replacement parts for my YJ, and I can't source some things I need.
By source... do you been OEM parts?? Welcome to the older vehicle club. Imagine what the CJ guys feel.

RumorsOFsurF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems like the aftermarket is more kind to the CJ guys. I'd like a factory seatbelt, but a nice repro rollbar cover'd be good. Problem is my only options are Bestop(which I think are the best) only come in black, and the other suppliers don't make the covers that go on the windshield bars.

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is a salvage jeeps place near where i live and its basically a junk yard with nothing but jeeps. you might can order one from them.

"salvage jeep parts & service" in Statesboro Georgia the phone # should be 1912-587-5918

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
there is a salvage jeeps place near where i live and its basically a junk yard with nothing but jeeps. you might can order one from them.

"salvage jeep parts & service" in Statesboro Georgia the phone # should be 1912-587-5918

Thats what I was going to mention. I bet you could find a few OEM parts from salvage yards or are you looking for brand new?

RumorsOFsurF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think used roll bar padding would be so good. The zippers on mine have gone to crap. They don't stay zipped in the middle.

I'll figure it out but it's sure a pain in my ass!

89moneytrap

Reaction score
I have been getting really great deals from this guy and he lowers the shipping if you buy more than one thing I got a fan shroud for .01 cent and a 40 inch to 44 inch front drive shaft for $3.50 I had to pay shipping on both of these but he combined it and lowered it. Good luck finding parts at a reasonable price.

clarkandrew45

Reaction score

Do you have any idea if they are willing to ship the order here at chicago? and how much the shipment cost will be?

Members online

No members online now.