Build Thread: Project 88 Grand Wagoneer

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So Josh, any updates, if you are still coming around :D

ClovisMan

Reaction score
Yeah well, I guess it's been a couple months since I've posted anything here. I have the shackle-flip in the rear done and I mounted the stock Dana 44 back there to get an idea of the amount of lift. Let's just say I netted about 7 inches or so. I've pulled that back out and I am now getting ready to put the 14 bolt in as soon as parts arrive.
I've also acquired a 3/4 ton transfer case for the old heep, so I am in the process of removing the weaker NP229 and the transmission. I guess I might as well go ahead and have it rebuilt while it's out. This is turning into quite the undertaking. I'll get some pics when te temp in the garage drops another 10 degrees. The heat has been making the progress slow.......

ClovisMan

Reaction score
Pics as promised:
457-14bff-installed.jpg

14 Bolt Installed with spring plates provided by TT's FabWorks and U-Bolts provided by Tough Country.
458-rear-shackle-flip-bracket.jpg

459-front-shackle-flip-bracket.jpg

Front and rear Shackle-Flip brackets also provided by TT's FabWorks.
460-16-5x9-inch-wagon-wheels.jpg

461-front-8-lug-conversion.jpg

462-3-4-ton-np208-chain-driven-transfer-case.jpg

The above are some new goodies I picked up. Some 16.5x9 inch Wagon Wheels, half of my front 8 lug conversion (Local parts house only stocked 1 rotor??Had to order the other. Seemed odd), and my NP208 Jeep transfer case.

ClovisMan

Reaction score
Haven't posted in while. IK recently moved from Houston, TX to New Braunfels so work on the Jeep is non-existant. I have however installed the 14 bolt and put some 35's on the back. I still need to do the 8 lug conversion on the front. For now...I need a find a way to haul the thing 200 miles to my new shop!!!
553-35s-rear.jpg

ClovisMan

Reaction score
So yeah...I moved in January 2011. Jeep sat in a state of mothballs for a year or more. Recently I re-did the front lift and used a 78 HP44 out of a Ford F250 I also added a 2 inch lift spring ontop of the SOA.
Sittinon36.jpg

Crossover.jpg

I added some Dozer custom bumpers from BJ's Offroad. Front is a winch mount as seen above and the rear is plain jane with some d-ring shackles.
rearbumper.jpg

I just got the transmission back last week for a full rebuild. It's too dang hot here in central texas to reinstall right now!!!
transmission2.jpg

Can't believe I've been working on this Jeep off anf on for 3 years now!!!!

Members online

No members online now.