2007 Wrangle X

86mcss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could buy an 05 or so rubicon for that price. i dont really care for those j/k's...they just arent "jeep" enough for me.

AZ Outlaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could buy an 05 or so rubicon for that price. i dont really care for those j/k's...they just arent "jeep" enough for me.
The JK in Shag's link is an '07 Rubi AND it's a very good price.

LOL... that's what the YJ folks said when the TJ came out. Having owned both a TJ and now a JK, my opinion... a JK is more off road capable straight out of the box.

Last edited:

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

What makes it not so jeepy to you? I think if it had a lift, some bigger tires and the hard top taken off, it would be a sweet trail runner. I am not sure I would dish out $16k for a trail rider though.

AZ Outlaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure I would dish out $16k for a trail rider though.
I don't understand your statement... you get what you pay for. What you pay, trail rider or not, depends on what year it is and it's condition. If you want a trail rider for less $$$, you'll have to get a much older Jeep until you find what you're looking for in your price range. The vehicle in question is a stock '07 Rubicon hardtop with an automatic. Going by the pictures and mileage, it looks to be in very good shape and is a good deal.

KBB is your friend and provides a good idea of what a used vehicle is worth. With that said, their stated private party value for an '07 Rubicon with hard top and automatic is $20,355. For an '05 it is $15,730. So... if the '07 Rubi is as clean as it looks, and not beat up, it is a very good buy for the owner's asking price.

A side bar... many people who put thousands of dollars into their Jeep in modifications hardly ever recoup their money. In fact, unless you find a rare buyer who is looking for a built rig, and built the way he wants it, the modified rig will be hard to sell, and you will get less in trade for one in the same condition in stock form. Many dealers will not even take a heavily modified rig, if they do, they'll give you far less in trade.

Hope all my mumbo jumbo made sense... I hate this form of communication!!

Last edited:

86mcss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What makes it not so jeepy to you? I think if it had a lift, some bigger tires and the hard top taken off, it would be a sweet trail runner. I am not sure I would dish out $16k for a trail rider though.

just to "plasticy" for my taste...and i dont like the "mini van" v6 it has now either. i test drove a jk and it has great street manners and feels more like a light truck to me instead of a jeep. i think jeep built the jk to be more street friendly and more ride friendly to get people to buy more jeep vehicles which is not a bad thing...

AZ Outlaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just to "plasticy" for my taste...and i dont like the "mini van" v6 it has now either. i test drove a jk and it has great street manners and feels more like a light truck to me instead of a jeep. i think jeep built the jk to be more street friendly and more ride friendly to get people to buy more jeep vehicles which is not a bad thing...
Yes, a lot of hard plastic and it looks very cheap... that's the bean counters at work.

The V6 with stock 3.21 gears like I have is pretty lame, about the same as my 2.5L TJ. With proper gearing such as a JK with the towing package or the Rubicon, it's okay.

It does have better street manners, just like the TJ had over the YJ, but I agree they are trying to please a wider array of buyers, which I don't like.

All in all, even with it's wider turning radius, The JK is more capable with added height than a TJ. Some days I wish I still had my TJ. Other days, especially when it's a long road trip to the trail, I'm glad I'm driving the JK.

Members online

No members online now.