Suspension lift

Sahara08

Reaction score
I have been thinking about lifting my wrangler for sometime but don't know anything about lifts? What is a good one for my wrangler? How high is to high, how low is to low?

AZ Outlaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking about lifting my wrangler for sometime but don't know anything about lifts? What is a good one for my wrangler? How high is to high, how low is to low?
What will you be using it for?

A quick answer to your question is a 2" lift is the lowest you can go... anything over 3" and you start running into other issues you'll have to take into consideration and modify other things. There are also leveling kits that will raise your Jeep about 1". Tire size also plays a role, and depending what size tires you go with, re gearing is another thing you'll have to consider.

Not to take away from this site, but HERE is just about anything you need or want to know about the JK and modifications.... it will answer all of your questions.

Mods... if you think think my link to another site with tons of JK information is inappropriate... please delete.

Sahara08

Reaction score
I am thinking about starting to trail ride and want to know what is a decent amount of lift, if any, that will help me get around ok. I know I may not need any, but just want to see what is available for my JK to make the trail riding easier and more fun. I also want it to look good too.

AZ Outlaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about starting to trail ride and want to know what is a decent amount of lift, if any, that will help me get around ok. I know I may not need any, but just want to see what is available for my JK to make the trail riding easier and more fun. I also want it to look good too.
Again... check out the link in my previous post above, learn the basics and go with someone who has experience and knows the trail you will be doing. What size lift and tires depends on what you want and what you'll be using the Jeep for. Before you jump in and start spending $$$, get involved with a club or group, get out and see what your stock JK can do (you'll be surprised of it's capabilities in stock form) and go from there.

A warning... once you start the mods, it get's expensive quick. Check my thread HERE about re gearing and see the mods I've done so far at the bottom of post #8. I've spent a little over $4,000 so far and my to do list comes close to an additional $3,000. Keep in mind I'm set up for medium to "slightly" difficult trails. The more mods, bigger tires, lift etc drives the price of outfitting your Jeep really high.

Sahara08

Reaction score
Its costly alright. So I may take my time on getting the lift. I do like your rubicon look Outlaw. Looks really good.

AZ Outlaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its costly alright. So I may take my time on getting the lift. I do like your rubicon look Outlaw. Looks really good.
Thanks for the compliment, but I was not trying for a Rubicon look. The only thing Rubicon on my Jeep are the rock rails.

Members online

No members online now.