Possible return of the Jeep Grand Wagoner

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw this on article.

Jeep is being run by 46-year-old Brit Mike Manley, who cut his teeth in the business as a car dealer in the U.K. before moving to America with DaimlerChrysler eight years ago. Manley's vision for Jeep includes a new Grand Wagoneer, built on a lengthened wheelbase version of the new Grand Cherokee's platform. "Grand Wagoneer would be the pinnacle of Jeep," he says. "We still have work to do to be able to confirm we can do it, but it is very much in my plans." Also on the agenda are diesel engines for the U.S. market, and a new baby Jeep, smaller than Compass, for the European market. "What we want to do is be the complete SUV brand. So as we think about the portfolio, we're thinking about expansions in those areas."

Read more: Chrysler's Comeback - The Big Picture - Motor Trend

Dave

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That sounds good. I do like the looks of that new Chrysler 200 too. Also all the things the new management is talking about sound good and will or should sell more vehicles overall for all the different models appealing to more people.

More sales and better products of all models is also good for the jeep brand and should help to keep it alive too.

Dave

bethanygo

Reaction score
This is an interesting corner to tackle about Chrysler and yes, it is true. Chrysler Group is planning important improvements for its Toledo, Ohio, Jeep complex. As reported by Automotive News, Chrysler will invest $500 million in the Toledo North Complex, where Jeep and other cars are made. Growth of facilities and an extra work shift will be the result.

Reaction score
While the Wrangler defined Jeep’s rugged off-road appeal, the Wagoneer was the first upscale luxury SUV, and Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne is hoping to evoke memories of the truck when it launches the new Wagoneer. With 7 seats, the three row vehicle will slot above the Grand Cherokee and likely act as Jeep’s flagship.

AngryRedBird

Reaction score
I'm not sure I would like the "New" Wagoneer, Reason.. it will be a revamped version of the Commander.. which we hated.. I'm sure the new Wagoneer will appeal to someone, but the market is flooded with big SUV types.. I just don't see that jeep going anywhere.

ZEN357

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember growing up my best friend parents had two Grand Wagoneers and they beasts!!! LOL!!!

ZEN357

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first episode of the Mayan's MC on FX had a Grand Wagoneer during the grave yard scene in it. I Laughed as I saw it.

Members online

No members online now.