my soon to be xj

squeaky3

Reaction score
well i finally found me a jeep

its not much but it is better than not having one and worrying about breaking my dd truck

only plans so far is some tires, cb setup, hi-lift jack and mount and an alt that i need to replace

any other ideas for it on the cheap??

here are some pics...i will get more when i actually pick it up on sunday

jeepindriveway-1.jpg

jeepdriversside.jpg

squeaky3

Reaction score
o i plan on it

im going to the badlands on the 19th with some guys from fullsizechevy forum and i will tear it up there

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Whats your plans with it on the modding side of it? Looks like it would be a nice ride to take to the hills and not worry about it getting a scratch on it :D

squeaky3

Reaction score
well i will prolly just keep the outside as it just remove some of the stickers

ya i am buying it so i dont have to beat up my 97 z71 that i dd so much

i might have a thing in progress for tires for it...but it means my z71 wont look as cool with the tires sticking out and they will be a bit smaller but i would have tires for the jeep too

Fulltimer

Reaction score
How are the tow points, front and back? Does it have any skid plates? You need both if it doesn't already have them. Down the road you might want to consider some body stiffeners. That model has a somewhat weak body. The aftermarket has parts for that also. It looks like you have yourself a fun Jeep for sure!

Terry

Underpowered

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some decent front and rear tow points are a must for sure. you can buy some, or make some.

rear you can just get a hitch, front you need some plates that bolt to the unibody, factory hooks will not do if someone has to yank on it to get you out, like how you had to yank on my bumper last time at the badlands and still could not budge my heep.

RumorsOFsurF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, that looks like a fun rig! My buddy has an '88 XJ that's similar and he takes it on all the hardest trails without worrying about damage. He put one of those cheap Smittybuilt winches on it and welded the axles. Otherwise it's bone stock with 29" tires. All the guys with highly modded rigs at Brown's Camp(local ORV area) just stand and stare while my buddy eases his junker Wagoneer(XJ Wag, not FSJ) with ugly wood panels up the toughest obstacles.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You going to be getting beefer tires for it soon? Looks like the older tires are pretty worn out.

squeaky3

Reaction score
well guy i ended up not getting the jeep

sorry about it but it wasnt as good as a financial decision so i got some different tires and wheels for my current truck and i will wheel that for now till be become feasible to get another vehicle

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So no jeep yet? No prob. Smart move on not getting it if you don't have the extra cash. :D

squeaky3

Reaction score
ya no jeep yet..i prolly wont till the closer to the end of summer...i didnt have the money to get the jeep, new tires, and anything else it needed...so instead i bought some super swamper tires from a buddy that have tons of tread left and i also got a set of 285 tires on stock chevy rims for free from a real fishy deal on some other tires...so i can sell those and make some of my money back on the tires i bought

squeaky3

Reaction score
ya i plan on it...i have always like the cherokees over the wranglers and the others so i will be getting an xj when i do get a jeep

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, thats to bad but like I said, at least you were smart enough not to jump into it.

squeaky3

Reaction score
ya it does suck that i didnt end up with one...but i didnt want a did a hole financially for me again...been there done that..its not fun

so i just got some tires for my truck and im gonna keep wheeling it...i love the looks we get when we wheel a fullsize truck on trails

Members online

No members online now.