Is Jeep Commander right for me?

bwell140

Reaction score
Ive been looking for a new vehicle and the Commander caught my eye. I have a Chevy factory crate 350 sitting in my garage and am looking for something to put it in. I had thought about dropping it into a 2 door tahoe, because of chevy in a chevy, but then decided to look for something with a more comfortable ride. Preferably a 4x4 with seating of 5, mild off-roading, and with towing capabilities (ski boat, motorcycles, small camper trailer, etc..). Would you suggest the Commander? If so, where would I be able to find an affordable Commander without an engine, since I already have one? Thanks for your input.

CommanderDuner1

Reaction score
I would highly recommend checking with your local DMV regarding smog issues unless this is strictly going to be an offroad toy. Also realize with a newer car and an older engine like a crate 350, you're going to require some wiring know-how, as all of the wiring harnesses in the car are meant to fit together. It's not as simple as plugging the Crate engine wiring harness into the Commander and firing it up. Just a few things to consider.

Eppsdawg

Reaction score
Just bought my son an 07 commander. 4x4 by the loose definition since it is full time. Just installed a 2" lift for him and he is saving to replace the mailman tires. Rides great and looks somewhat cool with the lift. Actually got
It leveled and a little over 2" with the lift. If you find one and drop the Chevy crate in post some pics that sounds cool. In short great riding jeep and plenty of room. Still has the jeep habit of going anywhere except past a gas station.

Cesar Franck

Reaction score
Ive been looking for a new vehicle and the Commander caught my eye. I have a Chevy factory crate 350 sitting in my garage and am looking for something to put it in. I had thought about dropping it into a 2 door tahoe, because of chevy in a chevy, but then decided to look for something with a more comfortable ride.

Members online

No members online now.