I just wanted to be the first to post in this new forum

ClovisMan

Reaction score
Finally all the Waggies and J-Series trucks have a place of their own. Here are the only pics that I have of my 88 Grand Wagoneer on my work PC. The first pic is of the Boobie Grille Swap and the second is a side profile. The last pic shows it as I got it with a bent-up final edition grille.

I have big plans for this Jeep starting with a SOA/Shackle-Flip lift that will net me about 7 inches. A little fender trimming and I should be able to stuff some 35's. From there, I plan to make a sortof Adventure Vehicle. It will not be a crawler or mud-truck, just something I drive down the trails and on the beach where the thick sand is. I will post progress as I make it. Thanks for the forum Shaggy!!

Attachments

• Boobie.JPG
    Boobie.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 3
  • side_view.jpg
    side_view.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Jeep2.jpg
    Jeep2.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 3

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting in here. So you will not be doing a rock crawling with, but more of the trail ride stuff. So I shouldn't be expecting an roll cage going on this anytime soon :D

ClovisMan

Reaction score
Thanks for posting in here. So you will not be doing a rock crawling with, but more of the trail ride stuff. So I shouldn't be expecting an roll cage going on this anytime soon :D
Probably not roll cage. It will get some sort of Surco-type roof rack with spare-tire, shovel, and hi-lift mount. Add a few offroad lights for umm....spotting and maybe a hidden winch under the bumper. Maybe I can find a replacement rear bumper with some jerry-can mounts so I can extend my driving distance, but I already a Chevy TBI set-up that is going ontop of my AMC 360 and I am swapping the 21 gallon gas tnak with a 42 gallon Suburban tank.If I can manage 15 mpg, I'll get a good 600 miles out of tank.
UGGHH...$2.69 a gallon X 42 gallons...I don't even wanna know!!!

SuperMidget

Reaction score
last year before i blew up my bronco i cried each time i hit the gas station...

when i bought it i was on about 3/4 tank and i drove on that forever thinking man hell yeah this thing gets great mileage.... then almost on E i pull up to the pump... $90 later filling the 35 gal tank i was in shock, with prices at what they are now i hate filling the 2 small tanks on my 77 gmc

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ha ha, then way switch if you are not looking forward to it. I know its for the long hauls, but take gas cans :D

ClovisMan

Reaction score
Ha ha, then way switch if you are not looking forward to it. I know its for the long hauls, but take gas cans :D
Since I am going to a TBI setup and ditching the carb, I have to put in some sort of tank that has baffling inside otherwise I risk fuel slosh and could cause starvation. Using a suburban tank allows me to get a baffled tank, more capacity and an in-tank electric fuel pump assembly that is already rated to carry a TBI set-up. It truely is the best option for my build.

Members online

No members online now.