i just got a cj5 today

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its a 78 6 cylinder 4 speed
and i dont have a clue what my plans are for it what do you think?

IMG01168.jpg

Last edited:

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not bad at all. Hows the rust and does it start?

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is some surface rust here and there and the dash is kinda rusted but not bad. it has a fiberglass tub to that gets rid of alot of typical rust spots. and the guy drove it an hour and 30 min to meet me so it runs good. and there is no ticking, tapping, clunking, or rattling at all. the ignition switch is broke and is one of those "screwdriver" ignitions haha so i need to find out how to hot wire a push button ignition. also ya got to pump the brakes 3 or 4 times to build the pressure to work half decent so i think i need a brake booster and the master cylinder needs a new rubber thing under the cap and a few other things like that but over all its not bad.

CJ65_JK10

Contest Moderator
Reaction score
You can get a new ignition prolly cheaper than a push button. I just put a new tumbler in my '65 and it was like 14 bucks and took 5 minutes to install.

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good... what are your plans for it?

well i have a few people interested in it for 3,000. and if that $ actually shows up ill probably sell it and get a 2dr cherokee. but if i dont sell it ill just restore it throughout college maby some baja claws and bullet holes rims and a paint job and lights EVERYWHERE :D

RumorsOFsurF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sure looks better now! Keep it and restore it! No offense to Cherokee guys, but CJ > EVERYTHING. CJs are king!

RumorsOFsurF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
D60 front/14bolt rear, coil/longarm, external cage, STAK Monsterbox.

DOO EET!

:badidea:

Seriously? And destroy a nice original condition CJ? Bad news. Leave the irreversible hack mods to the Wranglers and XJ's or better yet find a Jeep that's already been damaged/modded. Don't cut up a perfectly good 30 year old CJ, PLEASE. :emotions122:

Do the Jeep community a favor and leave the VERY FEW remaining clean CJ's intact. Some of us like our Jeeps that way, not sitting on full width axles and 38's. That's part of the reason I couldn't find a decent Scrambler even ten years ago. Too many of the "hardcore" off road types cutting them up in to worthless piles of shit with exoskeletons and bobbed rears.

Sorry if my reply is a bit snippy but we need to stick together to keep our classic Jeeps around. Nothing frustrates me more than to see someone start hacking on a nice classic Jeep until it's unrecognizable.

Members online

No members online now.