CJ6 Brute

uplandhawaii

Reaction score
This is my current project, a 73 CJ6 passed down from my granpa. Gramps wasn't a body man and the entire rear section was rotted away. Its impossible to find or ship in body panels to Hawaii so I decided I'd make do with what I had. Wheelbase is stretched from 104" to 108" using 7 leaf front wagoneer springs at all 4 corners. Front axle is a 78 pass. drop D44 from a wagoneer with outboarded hangers, rear is a d44 from an 87 Gr. Wagoneer with the perches moved in. Both axles are locked, front has a lock right and rear a full spool with 4.10 gears. Still running the 258 and 3spd./D20 combo. Still SUA and those are 35" ProComp AT's on 15X8 chevy rally rims.

20090223_Pic005.jpg

HPIM0030.jpg

HPIM0075.jpg

HPIM0356.jpg

uplandhawaii

Reaction score
Here is where it at now.
HPIM0360.jpg

HPIM0358.jpg

Those are YJ fenders and rear tub on it. I need to finish off the rear tub and run new brake lines. Like most jeeps its a work in progress! I had to use a 2" body lift on the front cab to bring the body lines even.

Effeckt

Reaction score
Looks awesome! Even cooler that it was passed down from family.

uplandhawaii

Reaction score
Thanks guys, when I'm done I'm hoping my son will pick up the hobby and continue working/wheeling it. He's only 8 so I have a way to go but he's my wheeling partner now, hopefully he gets the bug!

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That is going to be a beast! What else do you plan to do to it?

uplandhawaii

Reaction score
Not much done to it cosmetically. I'm working on replacing some of the support channels underneath the body and its getting to be real time consuming. I'm also finishing up closing off the rear tub. I'll snap some updated pics and post them up.

Members online

No members online now.