Stroker Build

lil_red_wagon

Reaction score
I thought i would start a thread about my stroker build im gettin ready to start. i know there are threads all over the net and different options in which to build. im goin with the 4.5l stroker.

Mine will consist of the following parts:

Jeep 4.2L 3.895" stroke crank
Jeep 4.2L 5.875" rods
Jeep 4.0L 3.875" standard bore pistons 9.7:1 CR
Comp Cams #68-231-4 206/214 degree camshaft
Stock 0.051" head gasket
0.081" quench height
Ford 24lb/hr injectors with adjustable FPR or MAP adjuster for
260hp @ 4850rpm, 321lbft @ 3500rpm

i will be doin a mild port job on the head and will also be adding a fox body mustang 5.0 throttle body, 2.5" exhaust, and maybe a 01 intake.

i was thinking about boring the block but its not goin to be needed still has cross hatches on cyl walls and no ring wear lip at top of cyl.

So far i have got the crank and rods. as long as things go right i will be orderin the rest of the parts next fri.

lil_red_wagon

Reaction score
will do as soon as i get to take some.

anyone have any advise on shorting the nose on my crank? it is 1cm (10mm) to long. i need 54mm and its 64mm. or the best way of building a spacer?

lil_red_wagon

Reaction score
sorry to disappoint everyone but this build is goin to go slow and take a while now. i came across a hell of a deal on a tow rig i cant pass up and gettin that rather than build the stroker. still goin to keep roundin up parts lowly and buildin it but im not goin to be able to fork out a bunch of money on parts and machine work right now

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.