Staff member
Reaction score
Very nice Phil. I like the back drop scenery :D

CJ65_JK10

Contest Moderator
Reaction score
1273377600.jpg

my 1965 cj5
competely stock drivetrain with a fiber tub.

1272742956.jpg

my 2010 rubicon
RR XHD bumper
warn m8000
warn wireless driving lights

CJ65_JK10

Contest Moderator
Reaction score
1273376446.jpg

yea and lockers and M/T's don't do much when your bottomed out in a lake bed. That looks like a hay field. That the dnr officer told me thre was a nice trail on the other side.

Ps 300 bucks, a stuck dodge cummins dually with 35" tires. A stuck fullsize tractor. And a bulldozer later. I got out. Good times.

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is my my jeep i just got
IMG01270.jpg

and wade your "take it out and play with it" written across your windshield just made me bust out laughing

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Same here. I smiled a bit when I saw that too.

Pratt, looks like you cleaned it up from the last pic you had when it was on the trailer, looks good. Whats the plans for it again?

Wade, nice rides. Why did it take you so long to finally post up here. :nono: :crazy: Did you take anymore pics besides the one of your stuck jeep? I would love to see the other trucks/tractor stuck too.

AZ Outlaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1273376446.jpg

yea and lockers and M/T's don't do much when your bottomed out in a lake bed. That looks like a hay field. That the dnr officer told me thre was a nice trail on the other side.

Ps 300 bucks, a stuck dodge cummins dually with 35" tires. A stuck fullsize tractor. And a bulldozer later. I got out. Good times.
Hmmm.... where were you wheeling, private or public land?? Nobody checked the soggy lake bed before crossing?? Where you alone when you got stuck??

Last edited:

CJ65_JK10

Contest Moderator
Reaction score
its public land, the lake is private. but they said its free game to do whatever. it hasnt had any water in it for years. and walking on it you would never know, its really weird. my cj drives on it like pavement. its nothin, but then got the rubi out there and drove across and on the way bad she all the sudden just sank. wierd stuff, almost like peat.

bryan, im still waiting on the towtruck driver that showed up and did nothing to send me the pics. thats all he did was take pics. and i told him he could leave when he said there was nothing he could do and handed him a 20 for his trouble and he said it would be 300 bucks for showing up. so hes fighting my insurance company. so i doubt i will get the pics.

the bulldozer was a 1940's with the top cut off and no sheet metal. it was a sight to see. and the bubbas that drove it and the tractor were off diliverance i swear.

CJ65_JK10

Contest Moderator
Reaction score
oh yea..

outlaw, yes i was alone. i was actually on my way to walmart. haha. and decided to take the scenic route. best part was my winch was on the back porch when i got home.

AZ Outlaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its public land, the lake is private. but they said its free game to do whatever.
Who is they??

I don't know how much experience you've had on the trails, or where the your pics were taken, but the rule of thumb is to "Tread Lightly" by staying on existing trails and don't be cutting your own path or short cut. That is one of the main reasons why the Greenie Wackos are trying to shut down public lands.... people are destroying the land.

Sorry, don't mean to be preaching, but it's a fact of life... we have to follow the rules to keep our lands open. Many clubs that use public land pay dues and donate most of it to belong to associations and/or coalitions to help fight the Wackos. Lobbyist are not cheap.

oh yea.. outlaw, yes i was alone. i was actually on my way to walmart. haha. and decided to take the scenic route. best part was my winch was on the back porch when i got home.
An expensive lesson!! Off Road 101, Rule#1... never go alone, especially where you may run into trouble. Popular 4x4 areas like Moab and Ouray have many well traveled trails where you can get by with going alone. There are also Jeep rental companies in those areas that let you go it alone because they are heavily traveled trails and help will come by.

Last edited:

CJ65_JK10

Contest Moderator
Reaction score
I live right next to this state land. It's old logging land. Yes I know about tread lightly I don't drive unless there's tracks. There is a well defined trail that runs right to this point and continues on te other side. I talk to the rangers quite a bit and they said that the owners of the bog said that it was open to orvs. I guess in the summer they mud bogg out there and tear it all up. It's actually state lad that is subleased out to farmers for cranberries.

CJ65_JK10

Contest Moderator
Reaction score
oh yea, and i have honestly never gone wheelin with any one else. i know its bad, but the couple guys that i know that wheel. 1. dont like going at night. and 2. go about once a month. these trails are pretty mild. and i go out there and drive for an hour or so about 3 or 4 times a week. i stay away from the bogs though. but mostly its just 2 track logging roads with some washouts and such. nothing too extreme.

AZ Outlaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you located?? Do a Goggle for a group in your area and join up with them, most clubs welcome new people. If they don't, they aren't worth trying to hook up with. Once you find a group or club, you'll quickly have a new group of friends that hits the trails for more than a few hours a day!! Not to mention what you'll learn about going off road. It's a completely different way of driving with a new set of tricks and rules.

Good luck!!

CJ65_JK10

Contest Moderator
Reaction score
im up in the tip o' the mit michigan. and the neerest group to me is 4 hours or so away. but im getting off active duty in august hopefully and moving to kansas for school. and kansas city has a huge club. i will definitly be joining it.

ive been offroading since before i could drive. started on a quad at about 12 then a truck around the woods at about 15 then i made the mistake of gettin a honda element as my first vehicle.... bad choice. that thing spent soo much time in the shop from me trying to wheel it. it did fine in the way of traction and power. but i ripped my muffler off on a rock the size of a softball. so then i bought my 65 when i moved up here a couple yrs back. and then traded the honda in on the 2010 in november.

RumorsOFsurF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they're referring to AZOutlaw's comments about treading lightly. He's 100% correct and NOT being preachy in the least.

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pratt, looks like you cleaned it up from the last pic you had when it was on the trailer, looks good. Whats the plans for it again?

yea i have spent some time on it.. thanks i thought so too and as far as plans your guess is as good as mine. i love wheeling and dealing more than anything so there is no telling what may happen haha but i plan on fixing the brakes and replacing the valve cover gasket and then creep around in it :D

my goal is too wheel and deal until i end up with a mid 50s jeep willies wagon painted RED with 35'' mud terrains :D

i started a few years ago with a POS gocart and wheeled and dealed and got the money for this cj5. i spent $1000 on this jeep and got every bit from wheeling and dealing. i have been doing this thing where the $ i make from wheeling and dealing is only to be used for more wheeling and dealing haha

Members online

No members online now.