Which kit would you buy?

Which kit would you buy?

• Total voters

JKMudder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read, I've asked questions, I've read some more and I'm still very torn on this decision. I can't decide between the new Rough Country 3.5 kit or the Teraflex 2.5 kit. I want to "comfortably" clear 35s. The jeep is already capable enough off road for what I use it for, the lift/tires are more a cosmetic addition for me. I appreciate the worth of the long arm super flex lifts, I simply don't have the need for them.

The Rough Country 3.5 kit comes with front/rear coils, fixed front lower control arms, front/rear track bar drop brackets, pitman arm, extended rear sway bar end links, front/rear bump stop spacers, front/rear brake line relocation brackets and the new N2.0 shocks. The final price including a steering stabilizer will be roughly $630 shipped to me.

The Teraflex 2.5 kit (I would opt for the 4 door kit to get a little more lift) comes with front/rear coils, rear track bar drop brackets, extended rear sway bar links, front/rear bump stop spacers, rear brake line relocation brackets, rear coil spring retainers and the 9550 shocks. The final price including a steering stabilizer will be roughly $700 shipped to me.

So, which would YOU buy? What would be the main factor in your decision? Believe it or not, the outcome of this poll will greatly influence the route I take. I appreciate the help.

Rough Country 3.5 -
jeep-jk-3in-seriesII-suspension_609s.jpg

Teraflex 2.5 -
1251002_v1_05032010.jpg

JKMudder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, despite the overwhelming percentage win here, I've decided to go with the Teraflex kit. Will order up the end of this week.

Just placed my order for my XRC front bumper and XRC8 Comp winch.

Two words...game on!

Dave

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't vote as I didn't know about those 2 kits.You said you wanted to clear 35's and I don't know which of those lifts would be better for that.

But my Son got 33" DuraTrac's on a stock 07 JK Sahara with very minor rubbing at full lock. Then lifted it 2.5". (OME springs and longer shocks-not sure of brand) No problems with the 33's clearing.

But anyway, sorry I was of no help here, but since you ordered the Terraflex I am curious to see how it works out.

Dave

JKMudder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From all the reading Ive done, it seems this wont be an issue. Plus Ill be running 315/75R16s which will inevitably run small, so thatll help me out as well.

AngryRedBird

Reaction score
if we could, it would have been the Teraflex.. But one should never look a gift horse in the mouth.. seems we've acquired a budge boost ( 1 3/4 inch) from Daystar.. We've been forced to install the shocks earlier than normal.. But we're going to have to wait on the coil spacers.. and now (after our bout with a slight shimmy/wobble) we might not even install the coil spacers.. All things in stages.

goliver9

Reaction score
Teraflex is a good brand, but I ended up getting the Rubicon Express lift because of the good price I got. Have this kit for about a year now and I have no complaints. This RE comes with bilteins, and I've heard that the springs are made by the same manufacturer as teraflex so I'm confident that they won't sag easily.

goliver9

Reaction score
A lot of guys are happy with Teraflex. Another good option is the Rubicon Express lift with bilstein shocks. This kit is a little stiff on road but awesome off the road. With 2.5" RE, you can put 35inch tires.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.