Stop Hood Flutter....

AZ Outlaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a cheap fix to stop hood flutter at highway speeds. Loop a zip tie around both latches. It's a lot cheaper than buying the DayStar replacement latches....

jk020.jpg

jk019.jpg

Last edited:

AZ Outlaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it work well? If so I will be putting this on.
It works very well. Some people use Velcro One Wrap 12" x 1/2" strips, but I prefer the zip ties. The velco stretches too easy and curls in the middle. The zip tie will eventually break so I carry a few spares.

4512182031ae77d7e863.jpg

inbox091.jpg

Daystar also makes a stronger hood latch for about $24.00.

Sahara08

Reaction score
What are you using now? They Daystar or the zip tie? Where can I get the daystar? The zip tie seems easier and cheaper to deal with or is it?

AZ Outlaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you using now? They Daystar or the zip tie? Where can I get the daystar? The zip tie seems easier and cheaper to deal with or is it?
Like I mentioned above, I prefer the zip ties. Google Daystar or Jeep parts, and you'll find all sorts of places to order your stuff. Also, the JK link I gave you has links to everything you would want to for your Jeep. It's not very considerate for me to list a bunch of companies that are not sponsors here. When it comes to this Jeep thing, you're going to have to do a lot of your own research and find what works for you.

AZ Outlaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip we will have to try that on our Wrangler
It works pretty good and most people will never notice the "ghetto" fix. Be sure to get the "heavy" duty 11" zip ties. The thinner ones like you get at Wally's will break easily.

I order the heavy duty latches from DayStar a few days ago so my zip tie days are almost up.

Members online

No members online now.