Random Disconnected Thoughts Thread

Brad92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
big_banana_Dance.gif

AZ Outlaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a feeling it was only a matter of time....

Okay, let's see how long this thread takes to become the "most replied to thread" on the board, along with the music thread as they are on a Jeep Liberty forum I don't frequent much anymore. The picture thread is included in my list of threads that are meaningless to the topic at hand... Jeeps, but I don't think that thread will ever be in the top 5.

LOL... let the flaming begin..... :hidesbehindsofa:

Dave

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I see that somehow I have inadvertantly offended several people here because I started this thread. I can assure you all that I only started it in an attempt to stimulate some conversation because the website seemed slow. I started it in the lounge section where there was other non-jeep related threads. I didn't see anything wrong with that. This was the only reason I started it.

I will not participate in any flaming as was suggested.

So if it is unappropriate then please mods/admin delete this thread entirely. In the meantime I apologize for any inadvertant misunderstanding that this thread has caused.

Thanks,
Dave

AZ Outlaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see that somehow I have inadvertantly offended several people here because I started this thread. I can assure you all that I only started it in an attempt to stimulate some conversation because the website seemed slow. I started it in the lounge section where there was other non-jeep related threads. I didn't see anything wrong with that. This was the only reason I started it.

So if it is unappropriate then please mods/admin delete this thread entirely. In the meantime I apologize for any inadvertant misunderstanding that this thread has caused.

Thanks,
Dave
Dave... I apologize. I didn't mean to come off as strong as it may seem. I was just pointing out that I hoped this forum didn't mirror the other forum and get way off track and away from the real subject of Jeeps and setting up events and runs. It's just my opinion, so don't take it seriously. Shag has an uphill climb to get this forum going and he needs all the help he can get, and yes... that is what you were trying to do.

AJ

Dave

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No problem guys. Didn't want the thread to be misunderstood.

So my random thought at the moment is I really need to wash the dirt off my jeep so I can get a closer look at the last batch of trail rash and I know I got debris in my skids again.......At least the inside is clean...haha

Dave

narleycarley

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks,
Dave

Naw, you did fine, Don't pay attention to AZ he's a grumpy grape. =)

narleycarley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave... I apologize. I didn't mean to come off as strong as it may seem. I was just pointing out that I hoped this forum didn't mirror the other forum and get way off track and away from the real subject of Jeeps and setting up events and runs. It's just my opinion, so don't take it seriously. Shag has an uphill climb to get this forum going and he needs all the help he can get, and yes... that is what you were trying to do.

AJ

AZ, a Jeep Forum doesn't HAVE to be about just the hardcore, offroading part of a jeep. This forum is about PEOPLE who have a common interest in jeeps. But, with people, they are not a one dimensional entity. Yes, all of us are obviously interested in Jeeps here, but we may be interested in other things. Look up in this thread, I mentioned I have been busy on my bagged big block chevy. Is that a no no to discuss in a jeep forum? If that's the way you'd run your forum then I would not be a part of it.
Yes, this is a Jeep first forum. But 2nd, 3rd, and etc. can be about other facets of our lives. And "what are we doing today" is a fine topic to have in the Lounge area. It would not be an appropriate topic in the Jeep build section or the classifieds section or whatever example you choose to use, but... that's why there are different topics.

You keep acting like the Jeep Militia Forum police and you are gonna turn people off this site. If you want to "for the sake of Shaggy" try to assist people in how they should act on a forum quit acting like their daddy.

AZ Outlaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AZ, a Jeep Forum doesn't HAVE to be about just the hardcore, offroading part of a jeep. This forum is about PEOPLE who have a common interest in jeeps. But, with people, they are not a one dimensional entity. Yes, all of us are obviously interested in Jeeps here, but we may be interested in other things. Look up in this thread, I mentioned I have been busy on my bagged big block chevy. Is that a no no to discuss in a jeep forum? If that's the way you'd run your forum then I would not be a part of it. But 2nd, 3rd, and etc. can be about other facets of our lives. And "what are we doing today" is a fine topic to have in the Lounge area. It would not be an appropriate topic in the Jeep build section or the classifieds section or whatever example you choose to use, but... that's why there are different topics.

You keep acting like the Jeep Militia Forum police and you are gonna turn people off this site. If you want to "for the sake of Shaggy" try to assist people in how they should act on a forum quit acting like their daddy.

No, a Jeep forum doesn't have to be strictly hardcore. On the other hand IF Shag wants this to become a place for "serious" Jeepers to come back to again and again as he said he hoped it would early on, then it has to stay focused on the topic.... Jeeps. There is a Jeep forum I used to frequent where "Random Thoughts and What Music Are You Listening To" are the most replied to threads. And the overall forum reflects that.

As for your post above... You are entitled to an opinion as I am, but I'm not going to make unfounded accusations to your character or beliefs if I don't agree or like what you write. How about giving me the same courtesy. I have already apologized to Dave publicly and via PM, you may want to re read that post and try to understand what i said.

If you want me to clarify... if this site wants to draw and keep people who are "really into Jeeps and the Jeep way of life", it has do do it in a way that fluffy feel good stuff doesn't become the obvious main theme while still having some lighthearted fun.

As far as being the "forum police" OR your "daddy"... now you're showing your immaturity because someone has a different opinion than you. If you don't like what I write, then put me on your ignore list without making snide personal innuendos.

And BTW... there is a forum for "Other Vehicles" if you want to get technical about it.

Happy trails!!

Last edited:

narleycarley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AZ, it's not the difference of opinion that is my deal, it's how you correct anyone and everyone. Immature? No sir.

Members online

No members online now.