Pallet = Roof basket

CT99XJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, it's not wood.

30887_525533679831_70001516_30974102_7689448_n.jpg

Aluminum shipping pallet rated for 900+ pounds, my friend's dad sourced a bunch when Bayer closed a local plant and we had a genius idea of what to do with them. Cost me all of $11 and change for sandpaper, primer, and flat black paint and four carriage bolts/washers/nuts. Currently bolted through the stock bars, but I'm working on acquiring some Thule gutter-mount bars to both stabilize it and increase the carrying capacity.

CT99XJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks dude! :)

it works just fine, and happens to be just wide enough inside to accommodate a 33. Eventually, said 33 will be on a tire carrier attached to my bumper, leaving room for other goodies. I'm working on a way right now to attach a HiLift to it. I may end up just making a bracket and attaching it to the side. I thought about attaching one of my custom bike racks to it, but I need to wait until I have driprail bars to do that.

Why a custom bike rack, you ask? Because my monster downhill bike doesn't fit anything else :(

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not a bad $11 investment. Now what where they really used for?

CT99XJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a bad $11 investment. Now what where they really used for?

originally for hauling stuff around the local Bayer Pharmaceuticals plant. Probably explains why the plant ran out of money and closed- they spent it all on 300-something-dollar pallets. I'm not complaining though :)

CT99XJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jerry Bransford on JeepForum hates it, but then again he hates everything that doesn't fit a Dana 35 or that he doesn't think of first :rofl:

Members online

No members online now.