Newest Old Guy

Willyswanter's Dad

Reaction score
My son Jason was Willyswanter on many forums and because of that I was nicknamed Willyswanter’s Dad. After he went to be with our Lord; I inherited his Truggy and wheel it at events in his honor. I’ve wheeled it throughout California and also Moab several times and will be once again at King of the Hammers in February.

Shaggy invited me to join this forum and timing was perfect. Due to the kindness of my son’s friends at 4 Wheel & Off-Road magazine, I keep getting asked to join them on the Ultimate Adventure. But, because the Truggy is not street legal it does not qualify. Therefore, my business partner and I have been talking about building a couple of jeeps so we can hopefully participate.

I’m thinking a JK with a lot of help from friends. My business partner is talking a CJ7 like he used to own and still loves. His will be stock engine, tranny and transfer case but we will be adding new axles and suspension as well as cage, bumpers, winch, etc. For my JK; I will be heading to see my son’s friends at Polly Performance and Pacific Fabrication for a makeover. As I’ve been told; being the dad of Willyswanter I can’t have anything close to stock so here are some thoughts and I’d like your opinions. Engine will be most likely a Chevy LS3 with 4L65E behind it using an Atlas 4sp transfer case. Axles will be one ton but not sure which ones. I have a well-used corp 14 bolt rear and Dana 60 front in the shop that came out of the Truggy when the Unimog 2 ½ ton axles went in, but still undecided. That’s it for now; I look forward to getting a lot of help from all you experts here on Jeep Militia!

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Ken! I am so glad you decided to join up here! I hope to see the build ups of the jeep you decide on here, at JM.com.

Willyswanter's Dad

Reaction score
Thanks Tony, Dave and Bryan; happy to join you guys.

Okay; I've been talking to some of the guys and it has been suggested I look at Currie's RockJock III high pinion frontend assembly and RockJock III high pinion rearend assembly for the JK. Has anyone here used these?

Going to King of the Hammers in a couple of weeks and will be talking to the guys from Currie while there.

Members online

No members online now.