New thermostat assembly for crd

TURBO-DIESEL-FREAK

Reaction score
Hello, fellow Liberty CRD owners!

I manufacture a replacement engine thermostat for the V.M. Motori R428 engine that powers the Jeep Liberty CRD.

Unlike the terrible O.E. thermostat assembly, my product will actually get your CRD engine up to proper operating temperature. This means that you will get more power, better reliability, and better fuel mileage from your CRD if my assembly is installed.

Furthermore, you will never have to change out the housing again when my assembly is installed. The O.E. assembly must be replaced in it's entirety, because you can not get to the thermostat valve inside. My assembly has a removable cap that allows the owner to change out the thermostat valve easily and inexpensively.

My design uses Chrysler Hemi V-8 thermostat valves, which are easily obtained anywhere, come in 3 different temperatures, all of which are warmer than the O.E. unit. They are inexpensive at about $20.00 each, (you can often find them for less), and will be manufactured for years to come. Finally, the Hemi thermostat valves are considerably larger than the valve in the O.E. assembly, allowing for greater flow of coolant when the engine is working hard in hot weather.

My thermostat assembly, the Hot Diesel Solutions Model 001, is vastly superior to the original equipment part from Chrysler. If you want your CRD to run right and provide really good heat in the winter time, this is a must have part.

Last edited:

TURBO-DIESEL-FREAK

Reaction score
New generation model 001 thermostat assembly

As per customer request, I am upgrading my thermostat assembly with extra threaded ports in the main housing. These extra ports are for easy and convenient installation of temperature sending units for aftermarket engine temperature gauges and conversions to electric cooling fans.

The following are some photos I took last month comparing the first generation Model 001 prototype assembly I have been using in my Blue Liberty CRD with the second generation Model 001 prototype assembly I just installed successfully in that same Blue Liberty CRD.

The first gen unit performed flawlessly.. no leaks... no issues... no B.S... and my engine temperature is up to where it should be, even on the coldest days.

I am happy to announce that the second generation unit installed with no issues or problems. The best news of all is that the extra threaded holes for the aftermarket temperature sending units are drilled in the best places available so that there is no interference from hoses and wires running close to the outside of the Model 001 thermostat assembly. There is also no interference with the operation of the thermostat valve inside.

IMG_1565_zpsuzzlnzpy.jpg

IMG_1564_zpsy0tr7iml.jpg

IMG_1556_zpsabvtz4xg.jpg

IMG_1555_zpsk6e9jkcf.jpg

PHOTO #1 SHOWS NEW GENERATION MODEL 001 PROTOTYPE WITH 1/8" NPT THREADED HOLE FOR AFTERMARKET TEMPERATURE SENDING UNIT.

PHOTO #2 SHOWS A COMPARISON BETWEEN FIRST GENERATION PROTOTYPE AND SECOND GENERATION PROTOTYPE FROM THE SIDE THAT HAS THE HOSE BARB FOR THE UPPER RADIATOR HOSE.

PHOTO #3 SHOWS A COMPARISON BETWEEN FIRST GENERATION PROTOTYPE AND SECOND GENERATION PROTOTYPE FROM THE SIDE THAT HAS THE O.E. TEMPERATURE SENDING UNIT THREADED HOLE, (O.E. T.S.U. INSTALLED ON SECOND GENERATION PROTOTYPE). THE EXTRA THREADED HOLE IS 1/4" NPT FOR ANOTHER AFTERMARKET T.S.U.

PHOTO #4 SHOW THE SAME COMPARISON AS PHOTO #3, BUT THIS TIME THE O.E. T.S.U. IS INSTALLED ON THE FIRST GENERATION PROTOTYPE.

I have 14 extra Model 001 assemblies being made at the time of writing this.

Members online

No members online now.