I can't find anyone with crossover steering

Jimmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my bushings are shot. I am thinking about buying a cross over steering kit but was wondering if the left hand kits can just be flipped and will work on my RHD steering. I am attaching some pictures of mine if anyone could reference against them.

This is what I am looking at getting but was wondering if I could flip it around and use it on my Jeep.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/56118_102.htm

Jimmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hummm it might work as long as the length is the same

not sure on this one but a lot of people on another forum is telling me that kit causes a lot of bump steer. i am now looking at the rusty's kit. it uses stock tie rod ends instead of heim joints. ordering it monday will post pictures at the end of next weekend if i can squeeze the install in before Easter.

Jimmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I received my Rusty's kit today and got it put on at a friend's shop. Bolted up awesome. Really great quality craftsmanship in it.

DSC01622.jpg

DSC01623.jpg

DSC01624.jpg

DSC01626.jpg

DSC01627.jpg

DSC01628.jpg

DSC01629.jpg

invertedY.jpg

OldSteering.jpg

steering1.jpg

steering3.jpg

steering4.jpg

steering5.jpg

Last edited:

Jimmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks awesome. any bumpsteer?

no bumpsteer. i also just replaced my trackbar also. it is like driving a whole new jeep. also addressed the seal in my rear axle leaking. the gear oil drained into the drums which means i have been driving with out rear brakes for awhile. much better now.

02liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not to hijack you post but are you running a ox locker up front? If so how do you like it? We are thinking down the road of getting one for our Wrangler.

Jimmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like it but rather something that is button operated if i could do it all over again. i am really like what i am reading about the arb air locker. i have to get something new when i upgrade to 4:88 gears.

Members online

No members online now.