Hi, new guy from WV but I'm in TN right now

94_c/1500

Reaction score
Hi, just joined today. I've been around Jeeps for awhile. I bought my first Jeep just over 3 years ago. It was an '82 Scrambler. It was in sorry shape, at the time it had been wrecked atleast twice and not fixed right. Someone was a big fan bondo, I'd bet they used atleast 3-4 gallons on it. It had a 151 Iron Duke, but that got pulled for a 305. I've got a 4 inch Superlift kit on it and Currie shackles. Its sitting on 33x13.50 LTBS and 15x10 DC1s. The paint is Viper Blue. Oh and another thing, she isn't a trailer queen.

These pictures are my failed attempts with an Iron Duke and a bad clutch at Truck and Jeep Fest 2008. My first run, it came out of 4wd. On my second run, I smoked the clutch. I was told by many people you could smell it in the grandstands.

Canfield2ndRun.jpg

Canfield1strun.jpg

The truck somehow managed to get a Participants Choice award.

07-27-08_1558.jpg

Just some random pictures.

006.jpg

008-1.jpg

My other Jeep, I got just last year. Its a '75 J10 long bed with a 258 and a 3 speed on the floor. My dad bought it for me for graduating high school and starting college. Its going to stay mostly stock. I'm just gonna paint it, new rims, new tires, and new exhaust. The best part about it is it was only $450 and had a new Holley Motorcraft carb.

11-26-09_1337.jpg

11-26-09_1338.jpg

Last edited:

94_c/1500

Reaction score
When we got the J10, it had a few small trees growing in the bed. They were about a foot tall, 1/4 inch thick. It had been sitting in the same spot for years, and hasn't been legal since 1996. Its only real problems is it needs body work, paint, a bench seat, gas tanks, and thats about it. I'm going to get Crager white spokes and 32s on it. For the exhaust, its getting a 2 1/2 pipe, 3 inch adapter, a 4x30 Cherry Bomb glasspack, then a 3 inch tailpipe. Its either going to have a turndown in front of the axle, or its going to exit in front of the passenger tire.

94_c/1500

Reaction score
I'm hoping to take the Scrambler out for a little bit of mud when I get back home for spring break. I just emailed the electric company asking permission if I can go on some of their property. I know of a few guys that have been on it with trucks, but I want to make sure they don't mind. I've already checked it out when I was hunting, looks to be fun. If they let me on their property with my Jeep, I'll post videos here.

94_c/1500

Reaction score
Thought I'd bump this since I'm basically a new member and haven't posted in years.
Little update :
The Scrambler is basically unchanged. I'm broke right now so I can't even afford to get it legal. In 2011 I did take it to 2 county fair mud bogs, 1 I had a good time and had a better time in my class. The other, my class was filled with trucks built around the rule book and I had like 3rd from last time.
The J10 is partially disassembled. I'm currently fixing the floor. About 1/3 of it was good and I've replaced another 1/3 of it. I had to make new braces with nothing but hammers and a vise to make the bends. My cheap welder crapped out on me, so I'm needing to buy another. But I'm married now and have a kid so there's more important things in my life. Money is super tight, so the Jeeps are on the back burner. I'm between jobs right now, thanks to a Ford garage, hard to believe business isn't booming at a Ford garage. As soon as I get a new job, work on the Jeeps will resume.

Members online

No members online now.