Definity Tires

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody here anything bad about Definity Tires? I looking at the Definity Dakota A/T for 118.99 from Pepboys. Its for my new 97k1500 350 4x4 16in wheels.

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
their tire pressure is rated for 44psi which is good and supposedly get better mpg with higher tire pressure

Brad92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a set of Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 for my truck, and they are probably the best tire I have had. I have owned them for about a month and a half. Good tread, look nice, perform well, and are pretty reasonably priced. I got them from Discount Tire (they suck).

AZ Outlaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
their tire pressure is rated for 44psi which is good and supposedly get better mpg with higher tire pressure
OT: They may be rated at 44 pounds and you can run them all day at 44 if you want a harsh ride, not to mention you'll wear the center out first...... running high or low pressure is a good way to wear out a tire way before it's time.

Brad92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OT: They may be rated at 44 pounds and you can run them all day at 44 if you want a harsh ride, not to mention you'll wear the center out first...... running high or low pressure is a good way to wear out a tire way before it's time.
This is correct. I use the chalk method to test the tires. Put alot of chalk across the tread and go down the road a little bit. If the chalk wears unevenly, then adjust the tire pressure accordingly.

I won't run Cooper tires or their sub brands. I had some Dominator Sport A/T on my GMC and they were terrible. They also had a recall, but would not replace my tires because I was one size lower than the recall, even though I had belt separation also.

Members online

No members online now.