Best Jeep

mawilkes

Reaction score
I see a lot of different Jeeps here and was wondering which one is considered the better one to own. I like the old style jeeps, but newer models. What do you think?:patriot:

Dave

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I see a lot of different Jeeps here and was wondering which one is considered the better one to own. I like the old style jeeps, but newer models. What do you think?:patriot:

For newer models, depends on your needs and usage. Wrangler is the most capable off-road. GC is the most comphy and powerful with a hemi and still good off road. Liberty is good on road and still capable off-road. Patriot is good on road and would make a real good daily driver. Will get better gas mileage but is front wheel drive with no 2 speed transfer case. Would still be a good all weather/road condition vehicle with some limited off-road capability.

Basically, it all just boils down to what your needs and usage is.

I like the older jeeps too. All Jeeps have their good and not so good attributes I guess. I like them all.

Dave

Crispy

Reaction score
I think the Cherokee is the best. Last of the solid axle Jeeps (not including Wrangler), very capable off road, and on. Also runs the spectrum in terms of options, you can get them bare bone with manual windows, manual locks, no abs, no cruise, etc or fully loaded with power leather heated seats, cruise, heated mirrors. Styling may be a deal breaker for those that dont like driving a brick shaped vehicle lol.

rooster

Reaction score
The one I own!

Id love to have one of each model. If I could go back in time and buy one or two Id have to buy a Scrambler and an LJ. I love wheeling my JK though!

Ralph Vaughan

Reaction score
'72-'75 CJ-5 and CJ-6
It's the last of the real Jeeps that didn't come polluted with an automatic transmission option and miles of needless smog equipment. Some staffers don't really like the CJ-5 body lines, but these years have other good qualities.

Members online

No members online now.