2011 Wrangler Brochure....

AZ Outlaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the new 2011 JK brochure... no pictures, just specs. They did away with some pretty good colors... charcoal gray and my favorite red rock which is replaced with deep cherry red. There's a new color... Sahara tan that may look good. The old TJs has a similar color I liked.

Other than the dash (pics shown in another thread), the color coordinated hardtop option and a few other minor changes, there doesn't seem to be much difference.

I guess engine upgrades will have to wait for another year, and he crappy 3.21 gears are still in the Sport models.

https://www.fleet.chrysler.com/v7fleet/StaticFiles/files/general/FBG_Wrangler_7.20.pdf

Last edited:

JKMudder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw elsewhere that some diagram showed the non-Rubicon models to have IFS fronts in 2011. Is that true or just a rumor? It may have been proven wrong in that thread, but I didnt read closely enough.

Dave

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I hope they don't even consider ifs in the wrangler. The wrangler needs to stay sfa.

Also, I thought they were going to start using that new pentastar v6 or whatever they call it?

Dave

AZ Outlaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mud.... you must be talking about this diagram which showed the non-Rubicon models to have IFS fronts in 2011. Here's what you must of read, but then you never know what the Italians have in mind for Jeep...

2011 Non-Rubis Moving to Independent Front Suspension??

Dave.... no telling when they'll see fit to put in the new engine or bring a diesel over here. The Jeep Pravda idea, built by Fiat, has been floating around for about a year now. Rumor has it it's to be sold as the Jeep Phoenix. There's been a lot written about it, both as a 2wd and 4wd vehicle...

http://hubpages.com/hub/Revealed-2011-Jeep-Phoenix-Based-On-Fiat-Panda-4x4

Last edited:

CT99XJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to agree that it would be economically illogical to have two chassis for the same vehicle. To be fair though, You JK guys are now feeling what it's like to be without a proper SFA shoebox like us XJ guys :crazy:

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So there isn't much difference at all in these?

daspes

Reaction score
Yeah that diagram has been floating around for a few months now. Think it was proven as a photchop (different fonts, etc..). The IFS on the left is from a Liberty, the right SFA is a Wrangler.

Members online

No members online now.