100K+ Maintenance

TREYR8D

Reaction score
Hey, new to the forums here, but owned my Jeep for 8 years now.
I have approx 110K miles on it, 60k my own. I've always done my own work on the vehicle, but due to a failure of the camshaft position sensor yesterday that stranded me at my office, i've been wondering:

What sort of 100K+ maintenance do you do or recommend to ensure reliability?

First, what i have: 2000 Jeep TJ Sport, Skyjacker RR 4" lift kit (installed in 2004), 5 sp manual, NV3550, Dana 44 Rear, Dana 30 front, open diffs. It is my daily driver and occasionally sees the 400 mile one way trip for hunting in Nebraska. I'd like to get at least 4 more years out of it as a daily driver. Then depending on life situation turn it into more of a weekend warrior.

Here's what i've done recently, then what i'm considering.

complete clutch system replacement: master/slave cylinders, hose, fork, clutch, flywheel, bearing - past summer

Spark plugs about 10K ago

Front and rear main seals around 30K ago - Always using Mobile 1 or royal Purple for oil changes

Tranny Fluid and T-Case Fluid - Royal Purple - past summer

Diff Fluids - Royal Purple - 15K ago

Optima Red Top - 4 years ago

camshaft position sensor - yesterday

Aftermarket steering box - shortly after lift kit ~2004-5

Considering:
new greasable rod ends for all lower control arms (8), they all have a slight bit of slop and annoy me over small bumps on the road. I've been told my Jeep sounds similar to a tank.....

New ends for Steering assembly.

Ignition Coil Pack (bar that sits over all 6 plugs instead of coil/wires)

retuning computer

cold air intake

CrankShaft position sensor?

O2 Sensors?

Rhino line/sturdy coating for chassis. Getting a bit of rust on suspension components.

Going back to a stock steering box or one from a dodge durango because i dont like the variable turn ratios on the current after market one on the interstate.

Brakes - upgrade? for denver driving/interstate?

Thanks in advance for all the advice/help.

Trey.

Last edited:

Dave

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Trevor. Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you got it pretty well covered.

So you got the 4.0 with the coil packs/rail. I wouldn't change it if the coil packs are working. If one goes south you will get a MIL and know anyway.

I wouldn't change the 02 sensors or the CPS either. Same reason.

I don't think 100K is a lot of miles on the 4.0 anyway and if you do all the fluids, and the other stuff you said needed attention, etc before the snow flies, you should be good for a 100K maintenance standpoint I think.

Just an opinion.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.