Welcome to the Jeep Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Jeep Forum > Jeep Forum - Jeep Models > Grand Cherokee Forum
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Grand Cherokee Forum

96 Grand Cherokee Heat/AC control errors

This is a discussion on 96 Grand Cherokee Heat/AC control errors within the Grand Cherokee Forum forums, part of the Jeep Forum - Jeep Models category!
Hello guys, I have a weird one for you. Anyone have a fix for this? I drive my Grand Cherokee ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Michael
Default 96 Grand Cherokee Heat/AC control errors
Hello guys, I have a weird one for you. Anyone have a fix for this?
I drive my Grand Cherokee daily as a field service technician and several times a day the digital heater/AC control will like stop controlling the heat and the temp will rather suddenly change, a lot. Most, but not all of these times are preceeded by the letters "er" on it's display.
Sometimes turning it all the way off for a while then back on works and sometimes this makes no difference.
I suspect the electronic heater control module itself, but wanted to run this by all of you before I dive into it. Thanks!
Michael North is offline   Reply With Quote