Welcome to the Jeep Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Jeep Forum > Jeep Forum - Jeep Models > Wrangler Forum > JK Forum
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

JK Forum

Painted my door interiors.

This is a discussion on Painted my door interiors. within the JK Forum forums, part of the Wrangler Forum category!
I am the proud new owner of a 2007 4dr. Unlimited. I have a Liberty and have been active on ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 09:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Eric
Default Painted my door interiors.
I am the proud new owner of a 2007 4dr. Unlimited. I have a Liberty and have been active on here since day 1.

I have had the Unlimited 2 weeks and can't keep from messing with it. Latest was painting my door interiors which were bugging me. I haven't found anyone else doing this but it makes the interior look so much better so I wanted to share. I thought of this late so I don't have a before pic but they turned out great. I used Rustoleum Black Flat Textured. I put windows down, took off panels and taped everything not getting painted. Took about 3 hours for all 4 doors. I put them back on for a moment but they are off again as the weather has been great. I will post more pics soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00316-20110216-1447.jpg (94.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00318-20110216-1538.jpg (69.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00319-20110216-1538.jpg (82.9 KB, 11 views)
EClass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Name: Dave
Looks real good Eric.

How do you like the JK?

Dave

Need More Stuff.......
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:29 AM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Eric
I love it. I had a Jeep in the mid 90's and always told myself I would have another. Just had to wait for my kids to be older.

I have to admit I have been hogging it! Haven't let my wife drive it yet and my older son is already eying it for himself in a couple of years. Can't wait to get off road. Liberty did great and much better than expected at our last get together. I have high expectations!

Adding body lift this weekend. Can't goto crazy with height so I will have to stop there. Did K&N system already. Noticed about a 1-2mpg gain highway. Most importantly, applied for my beach sticker!! Feel like a teenager again!!
EClass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Name: Dave
My Son put a 2 1/2" lift on his JK and has 33" DuraTracks on it with no clearance issues. It had 31" tires from the factory. (07 JK Sahara with Dana 44 and 4:10 gears) The 4:10 gears handle the 33" tires ok. I have driven it on the highway and off-road and it does well. It still is good as a DD on road so I don't think a 2 1/2-3" lift would bother you or be too high when you have to drive it on road also.

Dave

Need More Stuff.......
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:38 AM   #5 (permalink)

Name: billy
running a 2" b/b, 1.5" spidertrax, with 285/70 terra grapplers on my Rubicon. love it. would like a "little" more tire on there, but i'm happy with it.

my JK is already black.... so i like the contrast of having the white paneling on the top. makes it a little brighter inside the Jeep in the daytime. thought about putting some form of insulation on the top to cut down on radiant heat. the options on the market are prohibitively expensive for me, though.
b1pig is offline   Reply With Quote