Welcome to the Jeep Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Jeep Forum > Jeep Forum - Jeep Models > Wrangler Forum > JK Forum
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

JK Forum

Looking for a used JK unlimited

This is a discussion on Looking for a used JK unlimited within the JK Forum forums, part of the Wrangler Forum category!
Ok I am looking at getting a used JK unlimited 4 door, what are things I should look at when ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 05:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Lenoard
Default Looking for a used JK unlimited
Ok I am looking at getting a used JK unlimited 4 door, what are things I should look at when purchasing used? I found a 07 rubicon automatic with a lift, not sure what size or brand, with 71K miles for $20k, is this a good price. The fenders have been removed and smaller metal flat fenders installed and the front bumper has been unprofessionally cut down to allow more room for 35" tires, although could have cut a little less off and got a stubby kit to clean it up. It has a soft top that isn't the cleanest looking. It also has a lockable tuffy rear cargo box. Plus it has aftermarket 17" wheels.

Also looking at a 07 wrangler X with hard top, but has half doors with vinyl windows for $19K. It is a no frills model otherwise, does come with the soft top as well. The mileage is 46k.

Which is the better way to go?
ljvsnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:15 AM   #2 (permalink)

Name: A6M
Default Looking for a used JK unlimited
“It’s a Jeep thing; you wouldn’t understand”. This was the vaguely condescending response I got when I queried my then-girlfriend and current wife about why in the world she would choose such an unrefined and slow mode of transportation. Surely, you can understand my point of view.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Lenoard
Thanks for the response, I already purchased a 2013 wrangler unlimited. Don't quit get the response thought, other than the It's a jeep thing.
ljvsnyder is offline   Reply With Quote