Welcome to the Jeep Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Jeep Forum > Jeep of the Month > JOTM General Discussions.
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

JOTM General Discussions.

If you dislike the rules...let me know too.

This is a discussion on If you dislike the rules...let me know too. within the JOTM General Discussions. forums, part of the Jeep of the Month category!
Hmm, all good points. Thanks guys for all the input. I will get the other JOTM up soon so members ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2010, 02:49 PM   #11 (permalink)

Administrator

Name: Bryan
Hmm, all good points. Thanks guys for all the input. I will get the other JOTM up soon so members can start entering.

Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:55 PM   #12 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Name: AJ
Originally Posted by CT99XJ View Post
IMHO, in the actual voting poll, the rides' tech sheets should be posted as well. This keeps the vote to the entire rig, and not just how it looks.
I agree, the build should be listed, but as info to let you know what the owner has done to it.

Looks in my opinion does play a big part of any contest, especially when all makes and models are in the mix as in this forum. I'll take a stock or slightly modified good looking Jeep over a built POS looking one with dents, missing bumpers and without doors etc, etc any day. Also, I give points to a Jeep (even if it's stock) if it is presented in a way that shows it actually sees trail duty. Case in point... my stock height KJ with full skids and Toyo A/T tires. I think it looks good and with careful driving and good spotting, it has seem it's share of medium rated trails in Arizona, Utah and Colorado. I've even had the KJ on the infamous difficult rated Black Bear Pass above Telluride, CO.

Like they say, "different strokes for different folks". That's why it's a contest.....

It's an AZ LOST JEEPS thing.........
other folks just don't understand!!

AZ Outlaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:09 PM   #13 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Name: Rob
Send a message via AIM to CT99XJ
^--- Werd.

It's a Jeep thing, not just one model.

I do agree that most contests do pivot on the looks, but a Quadratec Special could look really good yet be completely haggard underneath.

"What you need to realize is, you're talking me through an autocross course where the intent is to avoid the cones. You need to understand this is completely foreign to me. I'm used to crawling OVER obstacles, not driving AROUND them."
CT99XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:42 PM   #14 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Name: AJ
Originally Posted by CT99XJ View Post
^--- Werd.

It's a Jeep thing, not just one model.

I do agree that most contests do pivot on the looks, but a Quadratec Special could look really good yet be completely haggard underneath.
LOL... at least you don't see the haggard underside unless the driver lays it on it's side or raises the front end way up high towards the heavens....

It's an AZ LOST JEEPS thing.........
other folks just don't understand!!

AZ Outlaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:12 PM   #15 (permalink)

Name: David
you callin mine a built POS quadratec special?
SUPERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:32 PM   #16 (permalink)

Name: David
Originally Posted by narleycarley View Post

I'd say for month number 2, since I still don't see that many 50 plus commenters, I'd say just keep it 50 to be able to be in the contest but let whoever vote for now. I'm looking in the other forums and there isn't a big selection of 50 plussers out there yet.
I think the minimum post count was to keep people from voting more than once, it's easy to sign up for more than one account or get all your friends to sign up just to vote for you, this has happened before on other forums.
SUPERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:30 PM   #17 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Name: Oscar
Originally Posted by SUPERD View Post
I think the minimum post count was to keep people from voting more than once, it's easy to sign up for more than one account or get all your friends to sign up just to vote for you, this has happened before on other forums.
true, didnt think of that, is it really that important to win that? sheesh