Welcome to the Jeep Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Jeep Forum > Jeep Forum - Jeep Models > Wrangler Forum > YJ Forum
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

YJ Forum

The evolution of my YJ over ten years!! (Lots of pics)

This is a discussion on The evolution of my YJ over ten years!! (Lots of pics) within the YJ Forum forums, part of the Wrangler Forum category!
September marks the ten year anniversary of the purchase of my '88 Olympic Edition YJ. Its look has changed a ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 03:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Name: Nolan
Default The evolution of my YJ over ten years!! (Lots of pics)
September marks the ten year anniversary of the purchase of my '88 Olympic Edition YJ. Its look has changed a lot since I bought it my senior year of high school.

When I bought it, the previous owners had installed nearly every chrome doodad imaginable, along with cheesy steel wheels and extremely wide Bushwhacker flares. They even had them painted to match the body. Apparently, the original owners were folks who towed it behind a motorhome.

This is what it looked like when I bought it(minus the stickers)

Circa fall 2000:

April, 2001: By then, I'd installed a Warn 8274 on a homemade bumper. Otherwise, very few mods.(Still in high school)

Christmas, 2004: By this time I'd traded in cheesy rims for a set of TJ alloys. Got rid of a lot of the chrome stuff, sold the Bushwacker flares to install factory black flares. Installed BFG Mud Terrains.

2005: Bestop Seats and an AX-15...

2006: New set of BFG All Terrains...

Winter 2008:

Summer 2009:

Spring 2010: Off road lights reinstalled...

RumorsOFsurF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:51 AM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Name: AJ
It looks good and to think you've had it for that long!! I had my '99 TJ for nine years before selling it for my '08 JK.

It's an AZ LOST JEEPS thing.........
other folks just don't understand!!

AZ Outlaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

It was in great condition, looks-wise until I had to park it outdoors for 4 years. It deteriorated more than I'd like to admit. The paint's looking a bit dull and the decals are peeling in places. Also, there's a little rust here and there.

It still looks good(last two photos are recent), but it drives me crazy thinking about how I should get the dings repaired and get it painted...not to mention all the mechanical and electrical stuff like non-functioning gauges, speedo, and grimy, leaky 258.

Fortunately, she's been garage stored for the last year and I've been trying to fix little things when I can.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Name: Pratt
nice. i was hoping you would get rid of those cheezy rims when i first pulled this thread up hahaha
kickitandholdit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

Administrator

Name: Bryan
I always love these types of pics. From when you got it to now. 10 years of change. I still looks new.

'its a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand'

Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Name: Tammy
How many miles were on it when ya got it, and how many are on it now? Nice to see ya still have it all these years and its in good shape.

Rusty's 2.5 lift Rusty's Skids "Engine/Trans/Transfer/Gas/Rear Diff 3.7L V6 45RFE 4 Speed Automatic Select Trac Sunroof 245/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler MTR's 2006 Rubicon Moab Wheels Ventvisors 3rd Brake Light Mod. 2 Custom Mounted 4 Cell D. Black Maglites Rear Tail Light Guards Cobra 75WXST 40 Channel Remote Cb with weather station Firestick II Antenna Arizona Rocky Road Antenna Mount Husky Liners, Front, Back and Rear Cargo
02liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

It turned 100,000 the first weekend I owned it. When the speedo cable broke it had 117,000 on it. That was like 8 years ago.