Welcome to the Jeep Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Jeep Forum > Jeep Forum - Jeep Models > Wrangler Forum > YJ Forum
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

YJ Forum

Any other Plows??

This is a discussion on Any other Plows?? within the YJ Forum forums, part of the Wrangler Forum category!
Figured I would say hi! New member here. I drive a GMC Denali most of the time, and spend a ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2011, 10:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Dan
Default Any other Plows??
Figured I would say hi! New member here. I drive a GMC Denali most of the time, and spend a good deal of time over on tahoeyukonforum.com. Shaggy sent me a message about the forum here and said it is a little slow, so I figured I would join and post over here a little bit!

With the recent snow, I have had the jeep out more than usual with the plow.

I will get some pictures up of the jeep when I can. I have a 93 sahara, which I basically ONLY run when it snows! It does an incredible job plowing, and the tight turning radius makes it perfect for driveways.

Anyone else plowing with their wranglers? Have any good pics??
bauer4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:55 AM   #2 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Name: Dave
Welcome Dan.

My plowing is with a snowblower but would be more fun with a jeep for sure.

Dave

Need More Stuff.......
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

It really is a lot of fun to plow with the jeep. with the plow lifted up, their is so much weight on the front end, that we had to install urethane bump stops between the axle and frame. I stick a 60 pound bag of salt in the "trunk" area, leave 3 60 pound bags on the back seat, and also put 2 bags of salt on the little area right behind/to the sides of rear seat. This helps level it out a little bit. I have to say that with the plow and the extra weight in the back, the jeep simply doesn't slide around when driving on the road, in any amount of snow we have gotten here in PA the last 5 or 6 years. When this picture was taken, we had just gotten about 9 inches, and yesterday, we had about a foot, and the jeep was a champ through it all!

Old 01-28-2011, 03:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

well we have had plenty of opportunities to the plow here in PA already... I am about to head over the office to pick it up now as well. Only an inch or so, but it works well for the long driveway... Also, it worked GREAT in the 12" or so we got yesterday!!