Welcome to the Jeep Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Jeep Forum > Jeep Forum - Jeep Models > Full Size Jeeps
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Full Size Jeeps

I just wanted to be the first to post in this new forum

This is a discussion on I just wanted to be the first to post in this new forum within the Full Size Jeeps forums, part of the Jeep Forum - Jeep Models category!
Finally all the Waggies and J-Series trucks have a place of their own. Here are the only pics that I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 12:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Josh
Default I just wanted to be the first to post in this new forum
Finally all the Waggies and J-Series trucks have a place of their own. Here are the only pics that I have of my 88 Grand Wagoneer on my work PC. The first pic is of the Boobie Grille Swap and the second is a side profile. The last pic shows it as I got it with a bent-up final edition grille.

I have big plans for this Jeep starting with a SOA/Shackle-Flip lift that will net me about 7 inches. A little fender trimming and I should be able to stuff some 35's. From there, I plan to make a sortof Adventure Vehicle. It will not be a crawler or mud-truck, just something I drive down the trails and on the beach where the thick sand is. I will post progress as I make it. Thanks for the forum Shaggy!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Boobie.JPG (49.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg side_view.jpg (83.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Jeep2.jpg (55.1 KB, 3 views)
ClovisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

Administrator

Name: Bryan
Thanks for posting in here. So you will not be doing a rock crawling with, but more of the trail ride stuff. So I shouldn't be expecting an roll cage going on this anytime soon

Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Thanks for posting in here. So you will not be doing a rock crawling with, but more of the trail ride stuff. So I shouldn't be expecting an roll cage going on this anytime soon
Probably not roll cage. It will get some sort of Surco-type roof rack with spare-tire, shovel, and hi-lift mount. Add a few offroad lights for umm....spotting and maybe a hidden winch under the bumper. Maybe I can find a replacement rear bumper with some jerry-can mounts so I can extend my driving distance, but I already a Chevy TBI set-up that is going ontop of my AMC 360 and I am swapping the 21 gallon gas tnak with a 42 gallon Suburban tank.If I can manage 15 mpg, I'll get a good 600 miles out of tank.
UGGHH...$2.69 a gallon X 42 gallons...I don't even wanna know!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 11:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

Name: Adam
last year before i blew up my bronco i cried each time i hit the gas station...

when i bought it i was on about 3/4 tank and i drove on that forever thinking man hell yeah this thing gets great mileage.... then almost on E i pull up to the pump... $90 later filling the 35 gal tank i was in shock, with prices at what they are now i hate filling the 2 small tanks on my 77 gmc
SuperMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:31 AM   #5 (permalink)

Administrator

Name: Bryan
Ha ha, then way switch if you are not looking forward to it. I know its for the long hauls, but take gas cans

Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:25 AM   #6 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Ha ha, then way switch if you are not looking forward to it. I know its for the long hauls, but take gas cans
Since I am going to a TBI setup and ditching the carb, I have to put in some sort of tank that has baffling inside otherwise I risk fuel slosh and could cause starvation. Using a suburban tank allows me to get a baffled tank, more capacity and an in-tank electric fuel pump assembly that is already rated to carry a TBI set-up. It truely is the best option for my build.