Welcome to the Jeep Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Jeep Forum > Jeep Forum - Jeep Models > Wrangler Forum > Wrangler Tech Info
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Wrangler Tech Info

Cargo Stop....

This is a discussion on Cargo Stop.... within the Wrangler Tech Info forums, part of the Wrangler Forum category!
I removed the rear seat as soon as I brought the JK home from the dealer so I would have ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 12:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Name: AJ
Default Cargo Stop....
I removed the rear seat as soon as I brought the JK home from the dealer so I would have more room for gear etc on longer expeditions.

Problem... stuff slides around and ends up in the area on the floor behind the seats, even when tied down with bungee straps. My solution... a quick trip to the hardware store. i bought one of those handicap hand rails you see in bathrooms. It took a few minutes to bolt it to the floor. Ice chests and stuff no longer slides forward, problem solved....

It's an AZ LOST JEEPS thing.........
other folks just don't understand!!

AZ Outlaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

Name: AngryRedBird
Default Great idea
Thou with the carpeting.. things may still slide around.. One might get the Husky liner cargo liner with a non slip coating. But I have other jeepers go to extreme and build storage trays which fit into desired areas of the cargo bay. We'll have to explore these types of options ourselves..

But when I first noticed this topic.. I though you had created a cargo cover.. or a storage system using a cargo cover.. Seeing how we have the Bestop Half top (the duster section) I've found there is a security issue and had to create something that fit over the cargo area but under the duster cover..

My Jerry rig solution was to acquire an old plastic bed liner, cut to shape, install as I suggested above. Thou there is some slight sag in the middle, I'm continuing to modify this as a permanent cover option. perhaps a few supports of some sort at the front and rear of this liner will keep the plastic from drooping.
AngryRedBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Anthony
He's right a cargo liner will be a big help. I have Weathertech Cargo Liner on my Jeep.
smarttony is offline   Reply With Quote