Welcome to the Jeep Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Jeep Forum > Jeep Forum - Member Gallery > Under Construction
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Under Construction

Project: Where the heck is my steering wheel?

This is a discussion on Project: Where the heck is my steering wheel? within the Under Construction forums, part of the Jeep Forum - Member Gallery category!
Well about a month ago I picked this up from a friend who aquired it from repo'ing for his job. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 07:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Name: Jimmy
Send a message via AIM to Jimmy
Default Project: Where the heck is my steering wheel?
Well about a month ago I picked this up from a friend who aquired it from repo'ing for his job. He added the Rubicon Express Budget Boost lift and some old 33'' laying around. So here is a picture of it the day I picked it up.

Once I got it home and on the rack I started discovering all the issues I purchased. First issue that immediate attention was the oil pan. My friend crushed it on his only trip in it to the Gilmer, TX. I put out a post on a local forum asking if someone had an oilpan they were interested in selling. I guy responded told me I could have an oil pan as long as I took the motor attached to it. So now I have a spare block to start building a stroker motor. Well we noticed how shot my steering was. After a week trying to round up the right parts being it is right hand drive. I contacted Rusty's and bought the steering conversion kit. The kit bolted up backwards and worked perfect.

While changing out the steering I neglected to notice the track bar is shot so I have a new adjustible one being fabricated. Hopefully.

I also installed some new speakers and CD player to make things sound better.

New body armor. will be painting soon and installed. hopefully weather will stay good.

Ox cable locker
Swaybar disconnects

Originally Posted by CRD Joe View Post
If you voted for this Marxist Muslim no account no experience president you drank the Kool-aid and you were a fool. If you support this asshole now youre a MORON!
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Rick
Having own a right hand drive vehicle in the past I can tell you that the most fun is to take a buddy on a ride down a 2 lane road and watch their expression as you pass on coming traffic!!

'76 CJ7 401,Crane Cam, Edelbrock High Rise, Holly Carb,TH400 Trans, Quadtrac with part time kit. Full Floating D20 With Hy-Tuf axles, Gleason/Torsen (Google It) Differential,Full Cage , Mastercraft Seats With 4 point harness's.
CH3NO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

Administrator

Name: Bryan
LOL, why is it right hand drive? Was it a mail truck at one time, or was built in England

Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:47 AM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Name: AJ
^^^^^ LOL.... almost a month later and still no answer?? Must be pretty busy fixing up that Jeep. That's okay, I fixed the biggest problem for him.

Originally Posted by CH3NO2 View Post
Having own a right hand drive vehicle in the past I can tell you that the most fun is to take a buddy on a ride down a 2 lane road and watch their expression as you pass on coming traffic!!
I'll do you one better.... on base in Japan, we drove left hand drive military vehicles all day, both on and off base. On base we drove on the right, just like when off base. Nothing changed except we were in American built left hand drive vehicles. Now... after doing that all day, jump in your right hand POV and you're really mixed up.

LOL... you could always tell a newbie over there too. Cultural shock aside, when returning to their car, they would open the left door when getting back in, then they sheepishly looked around to see if anybody noticed when they realized the steering wheel was on the other side. Yeah, happened to me too a few times the first few months.

Those were the days.... sigh, wish I could go back in time and relive some of them.

It's an AZ LOST JEEPS thing.........
other folks just don't understand!!

AZ Outlaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Name: Pratt
you flipped the pic hilarious
kickitandholdit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Name: Pratt
that look like a fun jeep, i wont a righty steery jeep
kickitandholdit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

Administrator

Name: Bryan
Originally Posted by AZ Outlaws View Post
^^^^^ LOL.... almost a month later and still no answer?? Must be pretty busy fixing up that Jeep. That's okay, I fixed the biggest problem for him.

I'll do you one better.... on base in Japan, we drove left hand drive military vehicles all day, both on and off base. On base we drove on the right, just like when off base. Nothing changed except we were in American built left hand drive vehicles. Now... after doing that all day, jump in your right hand POV and you're really mixed up.

LOL... you could always tell a newbie over there too. Cultural shock aside, when returning to their car, they would open the left door when getting back in, then they sheepishly looked around to see if anybody noticed when they realized the steering wheel was on the other side. Yeah, happened to me too a few times the first few months.

Those were the days.... sigh, wish I could go back in time and relive some of them.
Ha ha, that was a quick and easy fix AZ

Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Name: Jimmy
Send a message via AIM to Jimmy
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
LOL, why is it right hand drive? Was it a mail truck at one time, or was built in England
sorry i haven't been on in awhile. it was a mail jeep until it got repo'ed apparantly the mail business wasn't that good.

Ox cable locker
Swaybar disconnects

Originally Posted by CRD Joe View Post
If you voted for this Marxist Muslim no account no experience president you drank the Kool-aid and you were a fool. If you support this asshole now youre a MORON!
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote