Welcome to the Jeep Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Jeep Forum > Jeep Forum - Jeep Models > General Discussion
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

General Discussion

Possible return of the Jeep Grand Wagoner

This is a discussion on Possible return of the Jeep Grand Wagoner within the General Discussion forums, part of the Jeep Forum - Jeep Models category!
I saw this on article. Jeep is being run by 46-year-old Brit Mike Manley, who cut his teeth in the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2010, 07:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Name: David Bell
Default Possible return of the Jeep Grand Wagoner
I saw this on article.

Jeep is being run by 46-year-old Brit Mike Manley, who cut his teeth in the business as a car dealer in the U.K. before moving to America with DaimlerChrysler eight years ago. Manley's vision for Jeep includes a new Grand Wagoneer, built on a lengthened wheelbase version of the new Grand Cherokee's platform. "Grand Wagoneer would be the pinnacle of Jeep," he says. "We still have work to do to be able to confirm we can do it, but it is very much in my plans." Also on the agenda are diesel engines for the U.S. market, and a new baby Jeep, smaller than Compass, for the European market. "What we want to do is be the complete SUV brand. So as we think about the portfolio, we're thinking about expansions in those areas."

Read more: Chrysler's Comeback - The Big Picture - Motor Trend
davbell22602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 03:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Name: Dave
That sounds good. I do like the looks of that new Chrysler 200 too. Also all the things the new management is talking about sound good and will or should sell more vehicles overall for all the different models appealing to more people.

More sales and better products of all models is also good for the jeep brand and should help to keep it alive too.

Dave

Need More Stuff.......
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:39 AM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Bethany
This is an interesting corner to tackle about Chrysler and yes, it is true. Chrysler Group is planning important improvements for its Toledo, Ohio, Jeep complex. As reported by Automotive News, Chrysler will invest $500 million in the Toledo North Complex, where Jeep and other cars are made. Growth of facilities and an extra work shift will be the result.
bethanygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Name: dan
While the Wrangler defined Jeep’s rugged off-road appeal, the Wagoneer was the first upscale luxury SUV, and Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne is hoping to evoke memories of the truck when it launches the new Wagoneer. With 7 seats, the three row vehicle will slot above the Grand Cherokee and likely act as Jeep’s flagship.
Brunovska Karnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 06:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Name: AngryRedBird
I'm not sure I would like the "New" Wagoneer, Reason.. it will be a revamped version of the Commander.. which we hated.. I'm sure the new Wagoneer will appeal to someone, but the market is flooded with big SUV types.. I just don't see that jeep going anywhere.
AngryRedBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Name: Ed
I thought Chrysler was doing away with the 200?
ZEN357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Full Access Member

I remember growing up my best friend parents had two Grand Wagoneers and they beasts!!! LOL!!!
Old 09-24-2018, 07:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Full Access Member

The first episode of the Mayan's MC on FX had a Grand Wagoneer during the grave yard scene in it. I Laughed as I saw it.