Welcome to the Jeep Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Jeep Forum > Jeep Forum - Jeep Models > General Discussion
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

General Discussion

Is Jeep Commander right for me?

This is a discussion on Is Jeep Commander right for me? within the General Discussion forums, part of the Jeep Forum - Jeep Models category!
Ive been looking for a new vehicle and the Commander caught my eye. I have a Chevy factory crate 350 ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Eric
Default Is Jeep Commander right for me?
Ive been looking for a new vehicle and the Commander caught my eye. I have a Chevy factory crate 350 sitting in my garage and am looking for something to put it in. I had thought about dropping it into a 2 door tahoe, because of chevy in a chevy, but then decided to look for something with a more comfortable ride. Preferably a 4x4 with seating of 5, mild off-roading, and with towing capabilities (ski boat, motorcycles, small camper trailer, etc..). Would you suggest the Commander? If so, where would I be able to find an affordable Commander without an engine, since I already have one? Thanks for your input.
bwell140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Kevin
I would highly recommend checking with your local DMV regarding smog issues unless this is strictly going to be an offroad toy. Also realize with a newer car and an older engine like a crate 350, you're going to require some wiring know-how, as all of the wiring harnesses in the car are meant to fit together. It's not as simple as plugging the Crate engine wiring harness into the Commander and firing it up. Just a few things to consider.
CommanderDuner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Aubrey
Just bought my son an 07 commander. 4x4 by the loose definition since it is full time. Just installed a 2" lift for him and he is saving to replace the mailman tires. Rides great and looks somewhat cool with the lift. Actually got
It leveled and a little over 2" with the lift. If you find one and drop the Chevy crate in post some pics that sounds cool. In short great riding jeep and plenty of room. Still has the jeep habit of going anywhere except past a gas station.
Eppsdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

Name: dan
Ive been looking for a new vehicle and the Commander caught my eye. I have a Chevy factory crate 350 sitting in my garage and am looking for something to put it in. I had thought about dropping it into a 2 door tahoe, because of chevy in a chevy, but then decided to look for something with a more comfortable ride.