Welcome to the Jeep Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Jeep Forum > Member's Area > Meets & Events
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Meets & Events

Short Notice Yuma, AZ Run... Apr 10, 2010

This is a discussion on Short Notice Yuma, AZ Run... Apr 10, 2010 within the Meets & Events forums, part of the Member's Area category!
Short Notice Yuma, AZ Run... Apr 10, 2010 A buddy of mine and I are leaving Phoenix Friday afternoon when ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 12:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Name: AJ
Default Short Notice Yuma, AZ Run... Apr 10, 2010

A buddy of mine and I are leaving Phoenix Friday afternoon when he gets off work and heading over to Yuma to meet up with another friend who lives there. We're going to pre-run a trail to see if we want to use it for a larger group event/run we're putting on later in the year.

The trail we're doing is in the Wells AZ Book... #62 Castle Dome Mountains (rated easy to moderate).

We'll be staying at the Comfort Inn on Fortuna Road (I-8 at exit 12) Friday night. We're heading back to Phoenix after the trail run and dinner Saturday evening.

If anybody is interested in running this trail with us, let me know and I'll post more info and phone numbers....

It's an AZ LOST JEEPS thing.........
other folks just don't understand!!

AZ Outlaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:03 AM   #2 (permalink)

Name: rene
Originally Posted by AZ Outlaws View Post

A buddy of mine and I are leaving Phoenix Friday afternoon when he gets off work and heading over to Yuma to meet up with another friend who lives there. We're going to pre-run a trail to see if we want to use it for a larger group event/run we're putting on later in the year.

The trail we're doing is in the Wells AZ Book... #62 Castle Dome Mountains (rated easy to moderate).

We'll be staying at the Comfort Inn on Fortuna Road (I-8 at exit 12) Friday night. We're heading back to Phoenix after the trail run and dinner Saturday evening.

If anybody is interested in running this trail with us, let me know and I'll post more info and phone numbers....
hey im from yuma az!! ...but im going to rocky point..next time!
znissmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by znissmo View Post
hey im from yuma az!! ...but im going to rocky point..next time!
LOL... you need to get your priorities straight. Jeepin first... Rocky Point, well let's just say if it's south of the border, I'm not going. There's just way too much crap going on down there. It's not the lazy laid back town it used to be.

Anyway... enjoy your trip. I gotta go load up the Jeep, do a pre-flight, pick up my co-pilot, head down to Gila Bend to find my buddy, and it's off to Yuma!!

Gone Jeepin... I'm outta here >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited by AZ Outlaws; 04-09-2010 at 03:17 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:32 AM   #4 (permalink)

Administrator

Name: Bryan
So how did this end up going?

Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:44 AM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
So how did this end up going?
LOL... all trail runs are good!!

Seriously, we're scouting trails and locations throughout Arizona for an annual event we hold in October. We look for an area that has trails for stock as well as modified rigs. The trail we did this past weekend was a very scenic, stock friendly trail. Will we use at our event? Can't say yet, we need to find a trail for the modified rigs in the same area.

Kofa NWR, Yuma, AZ....

Another trail we're going to check out is one I've done before in the Haulapai Mountains, near Kingman. This one trail should hold the attention of stockers and modified alike....

A few pics from last year's trail run in the Sierra Ancha Mountains above Roosevelt Lake....

AZ LOST JEEPS "Trick or Jeep ~ 2009"

Only In A Jeep!!

Last edited by AZ Outlaws; 04-17-2010 at 12:08 PM.