Its funny...

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The day I started thinking about doing a jeep forum, I never realized there were some many jeeps out on the road. Holy shit there are alot out there :eek:

jschrock

Reaction score
LoL its like buying wheels and then realizing everyone has them, huh?

Effeckt

Reaction score
That's so the truth. You don't seem to notice things until it appeals to you and then they are everywhere.

jeepsurf

Reaction score
Another jeep forum
rock2.gif

crmzendrgone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the unlimited looks like a H3. and they are dogs as far as power. just me though. Never understood why they would put a minivan engine in one. Now if they would put the 4.0 out of the pacifica in there then we are talking. But just not enough power or torque for me.

Hornsby

Reaction score
Things should change next year with the Pentastar or whatever they are calling it. If it actually makes it way to a production Wrangler.

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the unlimited looks like a H3. and they are dogs as far as power. just me though. Never understood why they would put a minivan engine in one. Now if they would put the 4.0 out of the pacifica in there then we are talking. But just not enough power or torque for me.

thats what i heard so much $ and cant pull a nice boat

crmzendrgone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, the JK is a tad under powered, but a Jeep's purpose in life is it's off road capabilities, not to go fast or be a tow vehicle....

I agree with that but the 3.8 just doesnt seem to have enough torque for even off road. Plus they had some issues with them when they first came out. I had to put a complete engine straight from the factory line in one that just rolled off the truck with zero miles cause of a factory recall. then they had issues with the cooling system as well. Just my pet peev about the lost of the 4.0L

daspes

Reaction score
Yet the 3.8l makes more HP and Torque at nearly every RPM than the old 4.0l. The weight is the performance killer with the JK.

154_0706_03_z2007_jeep_wrangler_rub.jpg

Last edited:

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with that but the 3.8 just doesnt seem to have enough torque for even off road. Plus they had some issues with them when they first came out. I had to put a complete engine straight from the factory line in one that just rolled off the truck with zero miles cause of a factory recall. then they had issues with the cooling system as well. Just my pet peev about the lost of the 4.0L

What was the recall for? The whole engine was bad?

Members online

No members online now.