Welcome to the Jeep Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Jeep Forum > Jeep Forum - Member Gallery > Member's Photos
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Member's Photos

New KM2's!

This is a discussion on New KM2's! within the Member's Photos forums, part of the Jeep Forum - Member Gallery category!
Got some new 35X12.50 15 KM2's slapped on yesterday. On road these babies are awesome. Super quiet, smooth, and they ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 07:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Dolan
Default New KM2's!
Got some new 35X12.50 15 KM2's slapped on yesterday. On road these babies are awesome. Super quiet, smooth, and they look killer. Can't wait to see what they doo on the trail

These are kinda crappy and quickly taken with my iPhone so sorry about the quality

D Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Name: AJ
Looks good!! The more miles on my KM2's the louder they get on the road, but nothing I can't live with.

It's an AZ LOST JEEPS thing.........
other folks just don't understand!!

AZ Outlaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Name: Sub-Zero
awesome tires..i might try a set on my jeep in the near future. let us know how they wear.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Name: Will
Send a message via AIM to JKMudder
Looks awesome! I love the KM2s, I just dont know if I like them as much as they (BFG) do. I still go back and forth between paying the $ for them or getting the same in a cheaper option.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Name: Dolan
Thanks guys

Originally Posted by JKMudder View Post
Looks awesome! I love the KM2s, I just dont know if I like them as much as they (BFG) do. I still go back and forth between paying the $ for them or getting the same in a cheaper option.
The KM2's seem to be cheaper than a lot of other traction tires, at least what I've seen anyway. But I'm really, really happy with them so far. Have driven an average of 50 miles each day this week and they are friggin' sweet on the street. Even topless at highway speeds they're reasonably quiet, I can easily hear my music at 65.

I had originally ordered a set of the new MT/R's before I got these, but 4WP here in town kept pushing the delivery date back more and more... I actually placed my order April 20th. Long story short I changed my order last Friday when they said they could the the KM2's on Monday. So far I'm pretty damn happy with em Hopefully I'll try them out on the trail in the next couple weekends
D Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

They wear great and mine have seen their fair share of off road driving... from dirt and sand, to rocks and good old Moab slick rock!!

Mine are 285/75-16 KM2's (wanna be 33"). Measured at the center tread, they read 19/32 when new. Mine now have 14,700 miles on them and are at 16/32. They do tend to wear on the outside edges a little faster than I would like, but then the KM's on my old TJ also wore out the outside faster than the rest of the tire. I've never used anything but BFG A/T and M/T tires on both my Wranglers... I should see 30,000 on this set easy.

New: 19/32

With 14,700 miles: 16/32

Old 06-10-2010, 02:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

Name: Josh
Originally Posted by AZ Outlaws View Post
They wear great and mine have seen their fair share of off road driving... from dirt and sand, to rocks and good old Moab slick rock!!

Mine are 285/75-16 KM2's (wanna be 33"). Measured at the center tread, they read 19/32 when new. Mine now have 14,700 miles on them and are at 16/32. They do tend to wear on the outside edges a little faster than I would like, but then the KM's on my old TJ also wore out the outside faster than the rest of the tire. I've never used anything but BFG A/T and M/T tires on both my Wranglers... I should see 30,000 on this set easy.

New: 19/32

With 14,700 miles: 16/32

How do these do in deep sand? The coastline here in Texas tends to build up deep soft sand particularly where I like to fish. LOL
ClovisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by ClovisMan View Post
How do these do in deep sand? The coastline here in Texas tends to build up deep soft sand particularly where I like to fish. LOL
I've never been on the beach or on sand dunes, just soft sandy trails. Here's a pic taken on El Camino del Diablo (the Devil's Highway) a few miles north of the Arizona/Mexican border I ran last October. They worked well for me in the fine sand.

The key is to air down to get a wider foot print, be in 4wd low, and take it at steady pace so you don't bog down. I was running 4wd low, 3rd gear at 25 mph where this pic was taken.

I'm sure D Bo will be more than happy with the KM2's....

LOL... I love it when folks ask questions and I'm able to post up pics!!

Last edited by AZ Outlaws; 06-10-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:35 AM   #9 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Name: Nolan
Originally Posted by AZ Outlaws View Post
Looks good!! The more miles on my KM2's the louder they get on the road, but nothing I can't live with.
Jeeps are supposed to be loud!

Nice tires man! I didn't like them at first, mostly because I'm a die hard traditionalist. But like the JK's, the new Mud Terrains are growing on me.

These will be going on my YJ when my All Terrains wear out. I had MT KM's before, and I wanted A/T's for the mileage, since my Jeep was a daily at the time. Now I want some MUD tires! Unfortunately, I've only been putting about 1000-2000 miles a year on my YJ so it will be a long wait!
RumorsOFsurF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:13 AM   #10 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Name: Jimmy
Send a message via AIM to Jimmy
I am torn between this tire and some super swampers. being super swampers are going through bankruptsy i think the km2's win by default. How well do they clean themselves in the mud? Do you have to spin them fast?

Ox cable locker
Swaybar disconnects

Originally Posted by CRD Joe View Post
If you voted for this Marxist Muslim no account no experience president you drank the Kool-aid and you were a fool. If you support this asshole now youre a MORON!
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote