Welcome to the Jeep Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Jeep Forum > Jeep Forum - Member Gallery > Member's Photos
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Member's Photos

Dookey's junk.

This is a discussion on Dookey's junk. within the Member's Photos forums, part of the Jeep Forum - Member Gallery category!
I've been a long time fan of wranglers. Even before I owned wranglers. My wife loves wranglers. That's why she's ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 10:27 AM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Andy
Default Dookey's junk.
I've been a long time fan of wranglers. Even before I owned wranglers. My wife loves wranglers. That's why she's my wife. My first jeep was a 99 4 banger. Looked like this. Stock except for 31s and wheels.

It went through many alterations and ended up like this.

Bought my wife's jeep stock. And turned it into this.

The wife accepted a job position in Arkansas and I'm self employed. I knew I couldn't continue my line of work down there so I sold all my toys to move. My jeep, her jeep, my trailer, and my 06 cummins.

Then it fell through.
dookey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:27 AM   #2 (permalink)

So I bought a corvette.

That lasted ~6 months until I missed the jeep so bad that I sold the vette and bought another jeep.

I fixed it up some and turned it into something different.

Then sold it for a profit.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

A couple months later I found another rig that I liked. It was in California. So my wife and I flew out and bought it. Then drove it home. We stopped in Sedona, AZ the next day to hit some trails.

I've changed it up a bit and 2 weekends ago I took it to the Big Meats Run in Disney, OK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGkJqrbJDTA

Now I'm about to rip it all apart and toss some one tons at it.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:06 AM   #4 (permalink)

Name: James
LoL, well at least we all know who the go to man is for any alteration to their Jeep is!
jschrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Name: Will
I like your style.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:22 AM   #6 (permalink)

Originally Posted by jschrock View Post
LoL, well at least we all know who the go to man is for any alteration to their Jeep is!
I've done quite a few rigs for different people. And I've done just about everything you can do to a wrangler. I'm starting another one tomorrow that has 14 bolt centers with rockwell outers.

Originally Posted by BigWill3855 View Post
I like your style.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

Name: Stephen
I remember you from http://www.arkansascrawlers.com , where in Little Rock did you end up? Havent seen you on the site in a while?
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

Originally Posted by XXXJ View Post
I remember you from http://www.arkansascrawlers.com , where in Little Rock did you end up? Havent seen you on the site in a while?
We didn't end up going. My wife accepted the job there and then we didn't hear anything for a week. Only to find out that the lady hiring my wife had a boss that said she wanted someone else because of a "friend of a friend" thing.

So we didn't make it. We are still up in Wichita.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

Name: Mike
Send a message via Yahoo to mikey
Wow nice those are some nice Jeeps that you have and had. I don't get the Corvette thing I can see why you got rid of it. I sat in one at the Chevy dealer waiting for a friend to get his truck from service. Boy was that thing low. I felt I was sitting on the ground. That was before I got my Liberty, I was driving an Outback at the time and didn't think I could ever drive a Vette.....just not for me.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:20 PM   #10 (permalink)

Originally Posted by mikey View Post
Wow nice those are some nice Jeeps that you have and had. I don't get the Corvette thing I can see why you got rid of it. I sat in one at the Chevy dealer waiting for a friend to get his truck from service. Boy was that thing low. I felt I was sitting on the ground. That was before I got my Liberty, I was driving an Outback at the time and didn't think I could ever drive a Vette.....just not for me.
I started out with lowered cars. So it wasn't a tough transition. I really liked the vette. I always wanted one. I had the opportunity to get one so I did. I don't regret having it. I just enjoy the jeep thing quite a bit more.

I guess Gramma was right. You never know what you like until you try it.